Apply for this job
APOLLO is a digital insurance company. Our platform, the APOLLO Exchange, launched in 2019 and now offers the largest selection of online insurance for small businesses in Canada. We recently launched renters insurance and continue to rapidly expand our product offering. The Exchange reduces what can commonly be a painful weeks-long process of back and forth into simple and immediate digital fulfillment. Five minutes is all it takes to get covered, 24/7, from anywhere and any device.
The APOLLO values are Courage, Adventure, Integrity, Candor and Desire. APOLLO is a team of empowered and driven individuals who embody these values and have the desire to build a great company. This position offers a chance for the right applicant to make a name for themselves with a rising company on the forefront of the digital innovation of a global, $5 trillion dollar industry.
As Designer in the Product Management team, you will be working collaboratively and iteratively with product managers, data scientists, customer success leads, and engineers — from initial concept and strategy through design execution, to product release.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is excited to take the lead on solving real user problems and craft compelling experiences for multiple personae across the web and mobile web.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, can bring creative solutions to your work, and have the desire to lead an industry forward with a high performing team, this is the opportunity for you. #tothemoon
- Design and prototype elegant solutions for web and mobile applications
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to define priorities, plan projects and design approaches to enable the best experience outcomes for our users
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with key stakeholders, and refine designs based on data and user feedback
- Conduct user interviews and run usability testing and analysis
- Clearly communicate how your solutions help address business goals, user needs and technical constraints through effective storytelling
- Document detailed interaction models and standardize UI specifications across the Apollo platform
- Manage your own work from concept to completion, deliver on time, and meet project objectives
- Evangelize best UX practices to engineers, product managers and other stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in UX design
- You can create usable and compelling experiences through a user centered design process
- You have experience designing for complex issues that require in depth understanding of multiple factors
- You are empathetic and inquisitive, with a desire to collaborate with others
- You can deliver iteratively while focusing on longer term
- You enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- You have strong communication skills and a track record of effectively advocating for and evangelizing user-centered design
- You have an online portfolio that showcases your design experience for end-to-end solutions on both web and mobile platforms
APOLLO believes in a team approach where all members have equal opportunity to voice ideas to advance the agenda of the Company and its clients. Working well in a team, taking initiative, and possessing a desire for greatness is important. Must have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively to move the best ideas forward.
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive salary & bonus
Company social events
Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
Work from home flexibility
Central Gastown office location just blocks from seabus terminal