Product Designer/UX Designer
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
What is the Role?
We are looking for a Product/UX Designer to join our team of designers, product managers and engineers and help bring compelling new products to life. You’ll work on UX/UI design for all aspects of our product ecosystem, including mobile and enterprise web applications as well as city-scale digital displays and kiosks in transit systems, cities, and major public spaces across the country. Our ideal candidate has a proven track record of solving complex interaction problems across multiple platforms and interface modalities. She or he has an eye for detail and possesses a strong blend of systems, interaction and visual design skills.
- Engage in UX research to uncover user needs, inform ideal user flows and the direction of prototypes and products in development
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to create and deliver scalable product designs and components
- Conduct user testing and design QA to ensure our new products and features are a success
You’re great for this role because:
- You have 3 years of UX/UI Design experience creating digital experiences, services, and applications.
- Can show us an excellent on-line portfolio showcasing user experience and visual design work for desktop, mobile and touch devices.
- Thrive at communicating design concepts and visualizing user flows, information and systems architecture through sketches and wireframes
- Are able to develop rapid prototypes, experiments, and conduct user research/product testing at different levels of fidelity
- Are experienced with using Sketch, Zeplin, Invision, Figma and other design tools to create and deliver polished design components and communicate with engineers
- Comfortable with learning and ramping up with new topics
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Have expertise in user-centered design practices and an empathetic design approach
- Passionate about cities, transportation, placemaking and civic technologies
If you’re interested in this role and a curious and passionate person, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrrier status, military status/service, veteran status, mental or physical disability, and all other legally protected characteristics.