Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 15 million users have planted over 100 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
We are looking for a UX copywriter to work with our product and content teams in Berlin. This will be either part-time or on a freelance basis for 24-32 hours. As Ecosia’s user base grows, and as we launch new products and initiatives, it’s important that our copy is informative, simple, and consistent. To do so, we need an experienced UX writer to shape verbal interactions with our users — by writing and iterating on copy on our website, landing pages, and apps, as well as creating and improving structures and processes in this area.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Write, edit, test, and improve copy across all of our products that makes Ecosia easy to understand and delightful to use. This includes everything from onboarding flows to release notes.
- Create and maintain copywriting for system messages, buttons, error messages, notifications, etc. Make use of user research, analytics, A/B test results to optimize existing copy solutions.
- Ensure that copy is consistent in tone and quality, and establish clear guidelines for UX copywriting.
- Set up processes within product teams for copywriting.
- Bridge the gap between Product and Marketing copy by working closely with our in-house content team.
- Contribute to and ensure consistency between brand and tone of voice guidelines.
- Improve copy handover and localization processes within Product and marketing teams.
- Enable QA for copy, working with external translators when needed
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 3+ years of operational experience in UX writing in B2C products
- Strong understanding of TOV guidelines, user needs, quantitative and qualitative insights, growth and retention strategies to inform writing decisions
- Experience working in cross-functional teams with other designers, PMs, and engineers
- Previous experience working across different stakeholders, especially with Marketing teams
- Native-level English. The ability to proofread or understand Spanish, French, or German is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you'll add millions of trees for the planet
- Your work will be used by millions of people across the globe daily
- Eco-activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company
- Want to know what it's like to work for Ecosia? Check out our info page
- Learn more about Ecosia and what we stand for with these 10 questions for Ecosia’s Founder and CEO
- Learn more about our core values and how we work together.
Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, offsite activities, access to courses, trainings and conferences, German classes and a free book policy
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
Balance work with other parts of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location.
*If during covid-19 you work outside of Berlin, you need to be available during our core working hours (at least 10-16 Berlin time/CET)
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work in winter and summer
- Vacation days (30 when full-time and when part-time, will be dependent on how many days you work per week)
- Mindfulness meditation sessions
Get compensated well and fairly!
- A fair compensation package that reflects your skills and experience
- Subsidized public transport ticket, gym membership or your monthly green-electricity bill (when full-time or part-time)
- Relocation and visa assistance (when full-time or part-time)
- Additional perks include weekly team lunches, free vegetarian/vegan snacks, and drinks
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to us, and we are constantly working on improving them.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone from any background can do their best work.
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback. If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.