Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Byju's is an Indian multinational educational technology company & world's most valuable education technology company. After raising $1 billion in 2021, Byju's' market valuation stands for $15 billion. It was founded in 2011 by Byju Raveendran and Divya Gokulnath.
Job Description :
We are looking for a cutting edge UX/UI designer who wants to tackle a breadth of challenges within our eCommerce platform on playosmo.com. Designers participate in the product development process from idea conception, research and wireframing, to visual execution, marketing, and development support.
Product : Byju's International Business-Osmo
Designation : UX/UI Designer
Location : Bengaluru
What you'll do :
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of designers, marketers, and engineers on the eCommerce experience for parents.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research, interviews, usability testing to make informed recommendations for experiences.
- Design simple flows and elegant experiences across desktop, tablet, and mobile screen sizes.
- Shape our design system and create a cohesive brand presence across all our products and platforms.
- Explore ways to make our ecosystem approachable, intuitive, and engaging.
- Learn and contribute through regular meetings and critiques.
We'd love to hear from you if you have :
- A portfolio showcasing user-centered designs that are beautiful, delightful, and easy-to-use.
- Intentionality : You understand the goals of your work and can explain the rationale behind your design decisions.
- User empathy : You understand that everyone experiences the world differently, and you are driven to understand the needs of your users.
- Aware of, but not beholden to, new and current design patterns : You have a desire to push design forward and you pay attention to how other products handle problems.
- Ability to balance different use-cases and prioritize accordingly : Your work successfully simplifies interactions so that simple things are easy and complex things are possible.
- Visuals that are clear, creative, and inspiring : Your visual communications are well executed, have a clear hierarchy, and express the brand cohesively and consistently.
- Ability to be self-directed & OK with ambiguity : You enjoy being in a situation where you don't know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing.
- Learning from each other : You have some skills to share and enjoy helping others learn what you know, even if it'd be quicker to do it yourself.
- Bachelor's degree in a Graphic Design program, with an emphasis in UX/UI or interaction design
- 2+ years of relevant work experience within either a design agency or in-house team
- Proficiency in UI Design software and handoff tools: Sketch & Zeplin (Figma & Adobe XD is also ok)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficiency in prototyping tools : Principle (Protopie, InVision also OK).
About Byju's :
BYJU's is India's largest Ed-tech company and the creator of India's largest K12 learning app which offers highly adaptive, engaging and effective learning programs for students in classes 4-12 (K-12) and competitive exams like JEE, NEET, CAT, IAS, GRE and GMAT.
Today, BYJU's has over 6.5 million downloads, 3 lakh annual paid subscriptions and sees an addition of 30,000 students every month. With an average time of 40 minutes being spent by a student on the app every day, the BYJU's app is making learning enjoyable and effective. Renewal rates are as high as 90%. Launched in 2015, BYJU's has become the most loved and preferred education app for students across age groups.
Osmo-Byju's International : As part of its international expansion, Byju's acquired Osmo in 2019, a Silicon Valley based company that offers a suite of - learning through play- products targeting 3-9 year old's, using cutting-edge computer vision technology. Byju's has proven its core business model in India and now has ambitions to scale up globally with products and solutions for learning. Byju's has also partnered with Disney, to develop a co-branded product with Disney IP deeply integrated for the early learner (age 3-8). The product was launched in the India market in June 2019 and the North America launch and scale up is planned during 2021.
#Think&learn #UX/UI #Designer #Productdesigner