Senior UX/UI Designer
The Bouqs Company
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
The Bouqs Company is changing the world one bouquet at a time. Be a part of our exciting journey of revolutionizing the way we commemorate life’s moments. We're looking for passionate people to join our rapidly growing team in Marina Del Rey, CA.
Product at The Bouqs is responsible for leading the teams that develop new digital products and features that improve the experience of our customers. The Senior UI/UX Designer owns the design of the digital user experience of the Bouqs’ two largest business units; Ecommerce and Subscriptions. Your primary responsibility will be two-fold: partner with stakeholders and identify key design opportunities within the digital experience, and secondly mentor and develop the product design team. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of data-driven design, strong leadership and pixel perfect execution.
- Plan, design, and deliver designs for multi-feature projects that are strategic, customer-focused, simple and intuitive
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Establish success criteria for your team’s initiatives and contribute to measuring the impact of product design
- Make trade-offs between short-term and long-term needs across multiple initiatives and gets cross-functional buy in
- Effectively manage team of 1-2 product designers to ensure smooth and consistent delivery of goals
- Triangulate qualitative (e.g. usability studies) and quantitative (e.g. customer usage data) customer data to support your creative choices
- Understand the customer base and how your work impacts the wider Bouqs ecosystem.
- Continuously learn about our consumers, internal teams, competitors and market
- Clear and concise in verbal and written communication
- Expertise in basic design principals (typography, composition, scale, color theory, etc.) and a deep understanding of how those principles work together
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Skilled in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- 6+ years relevant experience. Experience in DTC and/or subscription commerce a plus
- 2+ years people management experience.
- Competitive Salary + Equity Package
- Health, Dental & Vision with 100% employee coverage
- 401k Matching
- Three Weeks Paid Vacation
- Discounts on The World’s Best Flowers (obviously!)
- Work on cutting edge new technologies
About The Bouqs:
Our mission here at The Bouqs is to revolutionize the way we commemorate life’s moments by connecting people to beautifully designed flowers and the responsible partners who create them. Grounded in transparency, responsibility, and simplicity, we create genuine moments of emotional connection for our customers, build meaningful relationships with like-minded farmers and florists while empowering them to thrive, and eliminate unnecessary waste along the way.
Founded in 2012, The Bouqs is a venture-backed online floral retailer that delivers flowers fresh from eco-friendly, sustainable farms to doorsteps nationwide. Headquartered in Marina Del Rey, CA, The Bouqs connects farms and a curated network of artisan florists directly to consumers and disrupts the traditional supply chain by eliminating overhead costs like warehouses, importers, distributors, auctioneers and more. In turn, this model enables a superior product and redefines the experience and economics for both consumers and producers alike.
For more information, visit www.bouqs.com and follow the #BouqLove on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The Bouqs is an Equal Opportunity Employer!