System1 is looking for a UX Designer to join our growing international Startpage team of highly talented people who share a mission to protect the data and privacy of our users. This person will work closely with the Senior Designer and report to the Director of Product.
Startpage was founded in 2006 in The Netherlands, and has grown to become the world’s most private search engine. Our mission is to make searching the Internet as secure and private as possible. We provide a more private alternative to search engines that track your searches and personal data or only show filtered, personalized results.
A strong UX and design team is crucial to understanding our privacy-focused users and how to bring privacy awareness to the greater global community.
The Role You Will Have
- Set the UX strategy and direction of Startpage, the world’s most private search engine.
- Run usability tests, user interviews, surveys, and general research to help Startpage gain better insights into our users. Strive to create a shared understanding of Startpage’s users across all teams.
- Deliver research findings, prototypes, and wireframes to the designers who will transform them into pixel-perfect designs.
- Continually look for potential improvements in our product, propose new concepts, get stakeholder buy-in, and turn ideas into successful projects.
- Design experiences with both first-time users and experienced return users in mind.
- Collaborate with data analysts to measure the success of your flows and define points of improvement.
- Define, improve, and educate the broader team on Startpage’s UX design process.
What You Will Bring
- 3-5 years of experience in UX, with an extensive portfolio demonstrating work in user experience, wireframing and prototyping, and user research
- Strong understanding of the user research process, and experience with usertesting.com or a similar tool
- Proven thought leadership on usability and user-centered design principles
- Research and data-first mentality
- Basic understanding of web technologies
- Experience as a successful designer or researcher in the consumer applications or data privacy space preferred
- Experience working with design systems preferred
- Experience working with Figma (for wireframes, designs, or prototyping) a plus
What We Have to Offer
- Competitive PTO
- 10 Company Holidays
- Untracked sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k w/match
- Professional development reimbursement
- Leadership & growth opportunities
- Commuter benefits