Product Design Lead
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Want to build the future of the Internet? Akash Network is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace, enabling any data center to become a cloud provider by offering unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace.
As more of our work and play moves to the cloud, we’re materializing the vision of the first decentralized cloud in an industry projected to reach $370 billion by 2022. Join the team enabling the builders of the future with greater access and freedom to expand the human experience. Our team includes renowned open source and blockchain developers, and seasoned experts from leading technology and platform companies.
We’re a distributed and growing team, and you’ll find more ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash than at other companies. We offer a competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, cloud, and Web 3.0.
Product design at Akash means transforming a hyper technical platform built on the intersection of cloud compute and blockchain into a broadly accessible UI/UX, emphasizing an elegant, intuitive and cohesive design. You will be responsible for addressing the needs of crypto users, non-crypto developers, and hybrids through a single platform; building our UI from the ground up.
The Product Design Lead will report to the CEO and act as the main driver on product UI/UX and visualization design at Akash. You will be designing tools used by our internal teams for data-informed decision making, as well as creating best practices and frameworks. Success in this role is defined by the quality of the user experience (impact, consistency, ease of use, etc.) and beauty of the final product.
You are a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. You possess a rare blend of interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills. Akash will provide you with unparalleled levels of opportunity, with the goal of creating experiences that influence the industry, as well as people’s lives.
- Lead production of experiments and interactive prototypes end to end
- Help define, champion and communicate the design language and branding strategy
- Set the tone and pace around the vision for user experience
- Explain, discuss and justify the purpose of design decisions
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Participate in new development efforts with expert experience and knowledge
- Self identify development and career goals
- 8+ years of relevant, in-depth, experience in product design and creation
- Expertise in defining, creating and managing fluid design systems
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate obscurity and set product design vision and strategy
- Ability to scope work from ambiguity and produce fully featured compositions
- Highly dexterous and able to execute quickly while maintaining quality of work
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Proven history of collaboration with completed and on time projects
- Good understanding of specialized areas of focus in research and visual development
About Akash Network
Akash Network is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace, enabling any data center and anyone with a computer to become a cloud provider by offering their unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace. As the first decentralized cloud for DeFi, Akash DeCloud greatly accelerates scale and price performance for DeFi, decentralized organizations, and high-growth industries like machine learning/AI. Through Akash’s platform, developers can easily and securely access cloud compute at a cost ten times lower than the current market providers (AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure). The platform achieves these benefits by integrating advanced containerization technology with a unique staking model to accelerate adoption.