Censys ingests millions of certificates and billions of network handshakes daily and exposes this data to customers to help them secure their organization by understanding their network attack surface. We’re a true startup with midwestern roots and a brilliant academia-backed founding team. We’re looking for a high-energy, action-oriented person who is interested in helping build a product and culture that we’re proud of for years to come.
We’re looking to add a UX Designer to join our design team. You will help build a SaaS product that enables researchers and analysts to explore and draw security insights from the most trusted and credible internet data that exists (ours)! Censys processes terabytes of network data everyday---it’s your job to help us leverage that data to provide valuable insights for our customers by building an easy to use, intuitive product.
In this role you will bounce between multi-disciplinary projects comprised of brand design, communications design, product design, and research. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to people to deliver a simple unified customer experience and make things look and feel like Censys.
We are looking for product designers who care deeply about their customers and distilling complex technical problems into thoughtful, beautiful, holistic experiences. We’re looking for those who naturally do their best work when collaborating with engineering, product, and marketing. You are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
This job is a good fit if you can:
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment where changes happen quickly
- Contribute to our culture of learning. Take ownership of issues, admit mistakes, and work to improve over time
- Operate and contribute effectively as part of a team where we work together to solve problems
What You Will Do:
- Create designs and prototype features for the Censys SaaS and Search applications
- Participate in and facilitate our weekly usability testing sessions with customers and share findings across the organization
- Translate user feedback into thoughtful solutions designed to delight our customers
- Work closely with Engineering and QA to ensure high-quality implementation of your designs
- Work closely with Product to create flows, prototypes, and visuals for new or proposed features
- Identify where our design processes are falling short and propose solutions
- Educate team members and stakeholders on the value of design thinking and user-centered practices
- Lead design sprints and work to ensure alignment and stakeholder buy-in in engineering and broader product team
- Own the ideation, creation and implementation of design processes as we scale
- Be the sole designer on design sprints where appropriate and mentor junior UX designers such as interns
What Skills You Might Have:
- Experience working in both UI and UX
- Experience facilitating user testing and translating feedback into thoughtful solutions
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, and Abstract
- At least 3 years of UX Design experience, with experience leading full lifecycle design processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to influence and manage stakeholder across the business
- Ability to adapt to business directive reprioritization, team structure changes
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional product design team partnering with engineering and product management teams
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Censys is an equal opportunity employer.