Lead UX Writer
Public.com is an investing app that makes the stock market social. By building a transparent community of investors and offering fractional shares of thousands of publicly-traded companies, we're making the public markets work for all people.
With interest in the stock market surging among a new generation of investors, our community is growing rapidly, and we recently reached our 1MM member milestone just 18 months after launching. To support our ambitious goals, our team is growing and we're looking for sharp, enthusiastic people who believe in our mission to fundamentally change the way people invest.
We announced our Series D funding round of $220 million in Feb. 2021, just two months after our Series C round. Our investors include Accel, Greycroft, (the original investors in Venmo) and Lakestar, as well as Will Smith (Dreamers VC), Tony Hawk, The Chainsmokers' Mantis VC; NFL star J.J. Watt, NYU Stern professor and entrepreneur Scott Galloway, business executive Dick Parsons, Business Class founder Sophia Amoruso, and Shari Redstone's Advancit Capital.
About the role:
With founders who have design backgrounds, Design at Public is an organizational priority and a strategic differentiator. Our team partners to help uncover opportunities, generate possible solutions, and craft experiences. We leverage human-centered design practices and evidence to guide principle-based strategies and decisions, leading to the delivery of innovative experiences our members love - and help Public grow.
We’re looking for a collaborative Lead UX Writer to play a critical role in the delivery of our product experience through the development, delivery, and execution of scalable systems and copywriting support. This is an exciting opportunity for a writer who wants to play a hands-on role helping to lead their function through the next phase of our growth.
What you'll do:
- Own the UX writing roadmap to craft intuitive and approachable experiences
- Create cohesion with our brand in the product so our customer experience has a unified and recognizable voice and tone
- Develop writing guidelines, standards, and artifacts to help scale a unified voice and tone and approach
- Maintain and improve the experience by regularly identifying opportunities for improving copy across the product
- Source feedback and opportunities from members, research participants, and stakeholders, and by regularly auditing our experience
- Bring a user-centered UX writing and content strategy perspective throughout the product development process, improving the overall experience and ensuring consistency
- Continuously monitor and gather customer feedback and quantitative data
- Prioritize work based on the highest potential benefit and actively drive initiatives
Who you are:
- A collaborative and thoughtful teammate with a growth mindset
- Able and experienced defining strategy and writing copy that turns complex ideas into simple to understand experiences for our members
- An ambitious experience-minded writer who understands user experience design principles and interaction patterns
- A natural systems thinker adept at seeing and anticipating the interplay between differing areas of our experience
- Passionate for data-driven decision making and empathetic problem solving
- Committed to working in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- An effective communicator across all levels and teams
- Comfortable prioritizing effectively and flexibly handling changes
- Strong organization skills and ability to lead multiple projects concurrently
- Proven to thrive in iterative and collaborative environments
Public is an equal employment opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We celebrate people of all race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.