Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
- You are a UX designer who can create end-to-end experiences based on data, research and existing patterns.
- You have experience contributing to feature design on web and/or native mobile applications.
- You are able to distill complex ideas and workflows into clear, inviting experiences for our customers.
- You are a diligent researcher who talks to customers, potential customers, and technology users. You can stitch together qualitative and quantitative findings into a compelling product experience.
- You are unafraid to generate and share ideas with the team and with customers.
- You can get good work done quickly, but you care deeply about crafting a delightful experience.
- You are a strong UI designer, proficient in design fundamentals of typography, color, space, rhythm, and pattern in design.
- You can develop user flows, wireframes and basic designs so we can test & learn quickly.
- You set big goals for yourself and work hard to accomplish them.
- You can live with ambiguity; you know when to ask questions and push against constraints.
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker who wants to have an impact on local businesses and the lives of hourly workers.
As an early member of a growing product and design team, you’ll work closely with our founders, product and engineering teams to shape the future of our company. You will be key in helping to develop the design culture and product vision at Homebase while contributing to the design of product lines and supporting existing ones.
We're a collaborative group, guided by a customer-centric, and iterative design process. We’re constantly evolving our entire product suite across web and mobile. We are looking for a product designer that is passionate about solving problems and is also constantly striving to push their own limits in finding creative solutions.
- Develop product experiences that make it simple for our non-technical customers to accomplish their work.
- Develop sound research & discovery plans that inspire us and make our products better.
- Develop and maintain a new mobile design system.
- Work closely with design, executive, product, and engineering teams to guide projects from conception to implementation.
- 3+ years of UX focused product design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead customer discovery & research efforts.
- Ability to clearly articulate your design decisions.
- Experience working collaboratively with engineering teams to balance design excellence with user delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification.
- Proficiency with key design tools - we’re a Figma shop.
- Experience working on digital banking products or financial services is a big plus.
What We Offer You
- Supplemental Benefits
- Stock Options - Everyone is an owner
- Fun Team Activities
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team that is thriving while working from home and who have found new ways to connect and have fun despite social distancing
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.