Remarkable Foods is a fast-growing, food-tech startup that’s reimagining how America eats. We’re creating an on-demand dining experience where fresh, high-quality meals are prepared and served to customers’ doorsteps within minutes through our proprietary approach to dining. We exclusively partner with the best restaurants and chefs in the world, across a wide assortment of cuisines, to bring their unique and special recipes to a customer’s door. Meals are prepared in company-owned and operated kitchens and finished by onboard chefs deployed in our customized mobile finishing kitchens.
Remarkable Foods is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs comprised of some of the most accomplished leaders and operators in the technology, culinary, and logistics industries. Backed by top-tier venture capitalists, the company is moving quickly to pioneer the future of food.
If you join our team, you’ll work in a supportive and collaborative environment where we place the same importance on our culture and values as we do on delivering delicious food to our customers.
About the role
As a Product Designer, you will work closely with the Marketplace Product Managers to lead the design process from concept through implementation. We’re looking for someone who can build and leverage strong relationships. You will work closely with other Product Designers, Product Managers, Product Owners, and Engineers to refine our clients’ experience. In this role you will get the chance to use your full range of skills, from user research to interaction and visual design, while continuing to improve efficiencies by creating a smooth interaction between the various experiences. You will need to consider the UX along with the UI, the motions, the visuals, and the branding all at once. You will consider how this will benefit the user, the business, and the design.
- Create design concepts and drawings to determine the best product with use of wireframes
- Present product ideas to relevant team members for brainstorming
- Suggest improvements to design and performance to product managers and engineers
- Employ design concepts into functional prototypes
- Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
- Maintain up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Coordinate with designers to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet customer expectations
The experience you have
The ideal candidate has experience designing quality user experiences from ground up, preferably at an e-commerce, marketplace company. This position requires someone with a solid technical background and able to partner cross-functionally. As a startup in hyper growth, experience operating and thriving in small, fast-paced environments will set you up for success, allowing you to be comfortable in our hands-on environment where change is the only constant.
- You have 3-5 years of hands-on experience in technical product design and/or UX/UI design
- You have a solid understanding of user research methodologies (bonus points if both quantitative and qualitative) and experience facilitating user testing sessions
- You have experience building clickthrough, interactive, or motion prototypes with Principle, Figma, Sketch or similar design tools (Figma Preferred)
- Utilize guidelines to support consistency across multiple applications, driving accessibility and compliance within those applications
- You have worked with multidisciplinary teams, and have a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent communication skills regardless of the audience — software engineers, product managers, business stakeholders, users, etc.
- Good understanding of color science and combinations
- Meticulous and excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience with graphic design is preferred
The way you work
- You craft positive approaches with the pursuit of excellence for our people and customers in mind
- You solve problems and make decisions informed by data, insights, and good judgement
- You gain trust through open dialogue, embracing change, and actively seeking feedback
We offer a competitive salary package including equity and 401K with matching. Additionally, we provide multiple medical, dental, and vision plans to meet all of our employees' needs as well as many benefits and perks that are not listed.
A final note
At Remarkable Foods, we believe that in order to build the best team, we must hire using an objective lens. We are committed to fair hiring practices where we hire people for their potential and advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As such, we do not discriminate or make decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability, please let your recruiter know how we can make your interview process work best for you.
We look forward to hearing from you! We'll contact you via email or text to schedule interviews and share information about your candidacy.