Senior Product Designer
Peloton is seeking a Senior Product Designer with a focus on UI to help us create simple, elegant, and intuitive interactive interfaces across our products. These products include the Peloton Bike/Bike+, the Peloton Tread/Tread+ and the Peloton Digital App (for web, mobile, TV) – as well as other member platforms Peloton develops in the future.
Our Product Designers design for complex and functionality-dense interfaces across various ecosystems, working with a vast array of interaction patterns and screen sizes.
As a Senior Product Designer (UI), you’ll partner closely with product managers, UX designers, user researchers, engineers, and project managers to bring features to life across Peloton platforms
This role is focused on the visual and interactive details of our user interface design. You’ll be iteratively designing how users interact with devices, how users process information, and ultimately how Peloton’s digital interfaces “look” and “feel”.
Successful candidates are self-motivated, proactive project owners, readily open to feedback and critique. They quickly output ideas (and are ready to toss out most of them), eager to iterate in a collaborative setting.
Note: As this is a UI role, please ensure you include a link to a portfolio in your application. It’ll be our first introduction to your visual and interaction design quality and experience.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
The Senior Product Designer (UI) is charged with crafting beautiful, engaging interfaces in a visually systematic way that ensures efficient engineering implementation with consistent interaction patterns and visual branding across our products.
- Design for a complex range of large scale projects – typically as the primary designer.
- Cultivate a deep knowledge of Peloton’s Product UI styles, patterns, and standardized elements and interactions.
- Work in close partnership with the UX designer and Product Manager on your team to fulfill the overall product/feature vision.
- Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers or from learnings found in user testing or feature response.
- Work with reverence for Peloton’s design system and ensure your work is visually consistent within Peloton’s cross-platform UI, while continually working to enhance and expand the system.
- Design with engineering implementation and cross-platform consistency in mind.
- Build out multi-version comps for user testing.
- Provide prototypes/deliverables to describe interactions and motion.
- Collaborate across the end to end product dev cycle, participating in research and UX while executing UI from exploration/concept to final “pixel perfect” hand-off to dev
- QA developed software for visual accuracy, and provide detailed feedback to engineering towards revisions until product launch.
- 4+ Years of Software UI / Interaction Design experience working on consumer-facing apps.
- Impeccable interface and interaction design skills.
- Highly attentive to visual detail.
- Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Iterative approach to product design, ensuring a unified experience across the board.
- Cognitive awareness of wider business goals, delivering intuitive and user-centered design solutions.
- Experience working closely with engineers to develop and iterate on interactive software experiences.
- Experience designing for a variety of screen sizes and platforms: for fully responsive web experiences and/or for mobile (touch-device) apps.
- Experience in prototyping UI interactivity and in incorporating motion/animation into UI.
- Has a strong knowledge of the tools and technologies involved in designing and building interactive software experiences.
- Familiarity with the design systems, interaction patterns, and limitations of cross functional platforms - specifically Android, iOS, and web apps.
- Proficient with Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin, InVision, Principle and other design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working closely with engineers in an agile product development process.
- Experience working with and contributing to UI design libraries and style guides
- Bonus: Previously designed for interactive game or content experiences
- Bonus: Designed experiences on larger touch screens and/or TV interfaces.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.