Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer
We’re looking for a Sr UX Designer to join Convercent’s Product Design team to help pursue our mission of driving ethics to the center of business for a better world. We build deep relationships with our customers to research their needs and design world-class solutions to their most complex problems. As a Sr. UX designer at Convercent you’ll work alongside product managers and designers to develop and execute research plans, then bring the voice of the customer to life via wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of UX design experience and a passion for working directly with customers and engineers to understand problems and develop compelling solutions.
- Engage users via contextual inquiry and in-depth interviews, learn how they do their work, what their challenges are, and how we could improve our offerings to better meet their needs.
- Work with UX researchers, product managers, and engineers to produce affinity diagrams, insights, and user narratives. Work together to rapidly ideate, sketch, and refine ideas.
- Develop ideas into comprehensive wireframes. Gather feedback and iterate.
- Develop prototypes to help communicate your vision to the product and engineering teams. Ask them what could be made better, simpler, or easier to build. Iterate.
- Work closely with engineers throughout the development process to ensure the implementation matches the strategic vision, find opportunities for improvement, and ensure that the voice of the user remains at the forefront of the design and development process.
- Bring a broad range of UX methodologies to bear in order to understand our users and design tools to meet their needs.
- Combine user needs, business requirements, and foundational design principles to create end-to-end experience guidelines for our software and services.
- Build collaborative relationships across multiple teams and work together to identify new features and innovations via the Design Thinking process.
- Develop screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons that match the overall vision for our product with the usability needs of our widely-varied user base.
- Proactively perform data mining and UX research literature review.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Interaction/UX Design, Marketing, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields.
- Experience designing enterprise SaaS software, ERPs, or other large information systems with complicated processes and systems workflows. You should be able to demonstrate significant business outcomes through discussion and shared artifacts.
- Experience designing mobile responsive browser-based software solutions.
- Experience with multiple user research and design methodologies.
- Comfort managing multiple projects across several teams.
- Proficiency in multiple software platforms for wireframing and prototyping with a strong desire to learn new software and techniques as well.
- A solid working knowledge of HTML & CSS (no coding required).
- UX Engineering Skills
- Significant UX research skills
- Substantial time in another career or careers before focusing on UX
- Agile development experience
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary and variable compensation ranges provided here are just that—a range! The offer that is ultimately extended is based on level of experience, skillset, certifications and education.
- Compensation: $110,000 - 135,000 base salary + variable compensation
- This position includes unlimited time off, comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), monthly tech stipend, company-paid sabbatical at five years of service.
Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard—and expectations—for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
U.S. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION (COMPLETION IS VOLUNTARY)
Why are we asking you for this information? We are committed to be a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you choose to fill out these demographic questions, your response will help us identify how we can improve our hiring process to support a more diverse workplace.
Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Your responses, or choice not to respond, will not be associated with your application for this role, will not be used in making any hiring decisions, and will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Hiring from a wide variety of backgrounds is important to us, because our customers and their employees come from a wide variety of backgrounds. Individuals seeking employment at Convercent are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.