Lead Product Designer
At Lightspeed Systems, we are on a mission to advance educational effectiveness and safety for every K-12 student. As our Lead Product Designers, you'll lead by doing. More than just an individual contributor, you’ll mentor, advocate, and provide strategic insight as we grow our UX team and practices.
Our design team is a close-knit, collaborative bunch, pleased that our work is making a positive impact on society. We’re passionate about user centered design and have found we’re most successful pursuing it through iterative discovery cycles.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you’ll work with a cross-functional team to design enterprise-class B2B solutions used to protect millions of students around the globe. You’ll drive the full design process for your product team. Working lean, but smart, the team will move from assumptions to hypotheses to validation. Equipped with qualitative and quantitative research, you'll champion the story of how a stronger user experience is achieving business goals.
- Are flexible, adaptable and agile, an agent of change.
- Find joy in mentoring, coaching, and guiding other designers.
- Are at the top of your craft and eager to push ours forward.
- Are influential in bringing about change or progress within the product team or company.
- Set vision for the best customer experiences and create a space for cross-functional colleagues to collaborate.
- You excel at system thinking, journeys and state machines.
- Are self-directed and self-starting enough to prosper with high-level direction and minimal documentation.
- Have excellent collaboration skills with a servant-leadership attitude, and the willingness to always strive for the best outcomes.
- Have the chops to lead cross-team design workshops or sprints.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of customers, users, stakeholders, their frustration points and workflows.
- Comfortable with feedback and adapt quickly to changing information.
Need to have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- 4+ years of hands-on product experience, designing complex or enterprise-level software.
- Demonstrated experience with designing within an agile and/or lean environment.
- Understanding of software development life cycle and processes.
Nice to have
- Education industry background
- B2B Product experience
Education is undergoing a technology revolution with new devices and tools being added to the classroom every day and IT departments are responsible for keeping all this technology managed, safe and working. That is where we come in! Lightspeed Systems, ed-tech provider and leader in K-12 device filtering for 20 years, partners with schools to make learning safe, managed and mobile. Learn more at www.lightspeedsystems.com.