UI/UX Design Lead
Are you passionate about building great products? Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Keen to be part of this growth journey with a bunch of amazing people? Then Pelago is the place for you!
We are looking for ambitious and motivated talents who are excited about staying on the cutting edge of Technology and always keen on innovating new ways to drive growth and taking our startup to new heights.
WHO ARE WE?
Pelago is a travel experiences platform created by Singapore Airlines Group. Think of us as a travel magazine that you can book - highly curated, visually inspiring, with the trust and quality of Singapore Airlines. We connect you with global, local cultures and ideas so you can expand your life.
We are a team of diverse, passionate, empowered, inclusive, authentic and open individuals who share the same values and strive towards a common goal!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- A unique opportunity to take end-to-end ownership of your workstream to deliver real value to users.
- Platforms to solve real user problems concerning travel planning & booking with innovative products/services.
- An amazing peer group to work with, and the ability to learn from the similarly great minds around you.
- An opportunity to be an integral part of shaping the company’s growth and culture with a diverse, fun, and dynamic environment with teammates from different parts of the world.
- Competitive compensation and benefits - including work flexibility, insurance, and more!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead, develop and hire a team of product designers to deliver innovative solutions to our customers
- Mentor and provide a vision for the team to ensure our products are both trusted and loved by our customers
- Develop strong relationships with Product and Engineering teams throughout the product development process to launch top-notch experiences for our customers
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years of relevant professional and user-facing designer experience
- 1+ years of management experience
- Deep understanding of UX designs (frameworks, interaction models, prototypes, research). With a strong design portfolio, either of client projects or personal ones.
- A role model who is invested in growing other people, developing talent and creating an environment where designers are proud to be a part of
- Attuned to customer and business needs/realities with the strong ability to work backwards from customer needs while understanding the business context and technical constraints
- Ability to prioritise effectively, using data to back your decisions, weigh impacts & tradeoffs and seek input where needed to drive alignment
- As a manager, you have experience with setting a vision, and leading a team to execute on it
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity to draw upon your expertise to create structure.
- To proactively plan ahead to create the next steps even when it doesn’t exist yet
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Independent and resourceful
- The ability to take complex problems and simplifying them into designs
- Expert knowledge of web and mobile platforms.
If you’re as excited as we are in this journey, do apply directly with a copy of your full resume and portfolio (if any). We'll reach out to you as soon as we can!