Associate UX Researcher
Our Growth Mindset (The Mission):
Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later -- those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Seesaw is a learning platform that brings educators, students and families together to deepen student learning. Teachers design and facilitate powerful learning experiences, students create, reflect, collaborate and make their learning visible, and families actively support and celebrate student learning. Seesaw is used by millions of K-12 students in over half the schools in the U.S.
The Curriculum (Your Role and Responsibilities):
We are looking for an Associate UX Researcher to help shape the evolution of Seesaw. As a member of our UX team, you’ll be using and expanding on your knowledge of usability studies, interviews, and other UX research methodologies to help us focus on the user and bring actionable data into the product development process.
As a fast learner, and with your exceptional research skills, you will have the opportunity to conduct a wide range of different research activities across Seesaw’s various product areas. As part of your work, you will be interacting with a large variety of different types of end users, including pre-literate and literate children, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Within Seesaw, your strong verbal and written communication skills will allow you to be effective at all stages of the research process to ensure alignment between all internal stakeholders.
Your Classmates (The Team):
As an Associate UX Researcher at Seesaw you will have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with a team of experienced UX professionals, and build on your existing passion around UX research. As you grow in the role, you will increasingly own all parts of the research process including study planning, participant recruiting, script design, study moderation and analysis, as well as compiling and then socializing your findings.
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and leadership to develop, plan, and run research studies
- Identify and recruit appropriate participants based on study needs
- Conduct mostly qualitative studies (approx. 80%) such as usability testing, interviews, or diary studies
- Conduct some quantitative studies (approx. 20%) such as surveys or card sorting
- Analyze and interpret data, capture findings and insights via actionable research reports, and present to the team
Prerequisites (The Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- You possess a solid understanding of UX methods, especially those that focus on user behavior
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You’re a fast learner with an aptitude for learning and trouble-shooting new technologies
- You’re passionate about helping build highly useful and usable products
- You have a basic understanding of UX design principles that allows you to effectively collaborate with Product Designers
A little about us:
We are well funded and have an experienced team. Work with the creators & leads of Google Calendar, Picasa, Maps, Facebook Platform, and Twitter.
We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk -- we care a lot about our work, but care more about our friends and family. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy that people actually use.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, free lunch, wellness stipend, and charitable donation match.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.