Ordermark’s mission is to become a trusted partner to restaurants everywhere, offering products and services that help restaurants adapt to changing consumer trends and technology. We pride ourselves in building a team of world-class thinkers and innovators to revolutionize the restaurant industry, empowering our customers to tap into new markets.
Ordermark helps restaurants and virtual kitchens aggregate mobile orders across all the major online ordering service providers into a single dashboard and printer. Powered by Ordermark's leading restaurant technology platform, Nextbite serves the fast-growing food on-demand revolution by empowering existing restaurants everywhere to serve more customers and earn more revenue. Nextbite, creates delivery-only restaurant concepts with high-quality, chef-inspired menus available through delivery apps. This combined offering helps restaurants increase efficiency and grow profits, creating successful food service across the country.
By joining Ordermark you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing restaurant landscape and the explosive online ordering industry.
About the role
As a key part of the design team, the UX Designer will be working on crafting the products’ overall look, feel, and flow to best meet our users’ needs. You will continuously refine and improve the user experience based on feedback and analytics and help establish design standards for the entire organization.
This role will collaborate directly with the engineering and product team. This is an opportunity to build a unique product from the ground up. As a small, growing team, you will be able to see the direct impact of your work.
We are able to hire remote employees in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, NY, NC, NJ, NV, OH, OK, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI
What you get to do every day:
- User research - understand products goals, specifications, and user psychology
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Conduct concept and usability testing
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to various stakeholder
- Craft dynamic clean and delightful UI designs
- Establishing design standards and systems
- Write product copy (tool tips, labels, success states, notifications, errors, etc.)
- Work with developers to implement these workflows and designs
What you bring to the role:
- Experience with a proven track record of building user centric design solution
- Have 3-5 years of relevant design experience, preferably at a tech, product-driven company
- Experience utilizing tools like Adobe XD, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator
- A deep appreciation for the power of sketches, post-it notes, and whiteboards
- Ability to thrive in a startup (fast-paced, agile) environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed when necessary
- A passion for users and their needs
- Experience in either the consumer web or enterprise SaaS space a plus
Requirement: Please enter either a link to your online portfolio in the application, or attach a PDF portfolio.
Ordermark participated in Techstars, Boulder in Spring 2018, and has raised $150 million. We are headquartered in Los Angeles, and are looking to significantly grow our team while continuing to reach restaurants and consumers across the country.
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, collaborating daily across time zones. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Thank you for your interest in Ordermark - we’re reviewing impressive candidates every day, and will do our best to reach out to you as quickly as possible!