Senior UX Researcher
HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Its Happy Property flagship product suite has 2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 260 million photos. The company was founded in 2011 and is privately held with employees located throughout North America and Australia.
We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities.
When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo.
We’re looking for a motivated Senior User Experience Researcher to join our team.
This opportunity is for a Senior User Experience Researcher with demonstrated ability supporting product and design teams with insightful, impactful research. You will have expertise in a variety of qualitative and quantitative user research methods, know immediately when and how to apply the appropriate method and are eager to learn new and emerging approaches. You care deeply about how the products you work on can support their users, and can clearly define and advocate for user needs.
Being our first dedicated UX research hire, you’ll quickly position yourself as an integral part of our product and design organization. You’ll feel comfortable stepping up and establishing ongoing research activities and foundational frameworks, and have the ability to craft and execute deep research projects that affect multiple teams. Your research will contribute to the design process of HappyCo products to ensure they are powerful, intuitive to use and exceed the expectations of our users.
- Work collaboratively with design, product, marketing and engineering teams supporting our product delivery efforts
- Plan and conduct research to deeply understand our customers, their unmet needs, and identify opportunities to improve their experience
- Deliver and communicate insights and recommendations to key decision makers to drive product and design strategy
- Build and manage a research insights repository where anyone at HappyCo can easily access research insights to generate empathy and inspire action on behalf of our users, customers and prospects
- Increase the efficiency of product and design through tighter product feedback loops
- Establish ways in which research can work in collaboration with other functional leaders
- Educate and assist non-researchers in conducting their own research
- Increase the confidence of the company that we're focused on the right customer outcomes
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of research experience for software products
- A human-centric approach to research, and the ability to be highly organised, creative and empathetic
- Expertise with moderated and unmoderated testing (remotely and in-person), ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, group facilitation and survey design
- Skilled in quantitative analysis, sampling methods and validity in research design
- Expert in multiple research methodologies, including when and how to apply them
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey complex concepts clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing to maximise the impact and exposure of your work
- The flexibility to meet remotely with colleagues and customers in different time zones, and occasionally travel (when safe to do so) to meet them in person
- Experience with tools to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative research to maximise impact and transparency
- Defining recruitment specifications and experience working with internal teams and external agencies to recruit participants for user research
- Proven record of planning and executing ambitious research projects to a deadline
- University degree in a relevant discipline
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Case studies or examples showing how you executed user research studies, demonstrating the impact of your research on the customer experience and product and design strategy
- Experience with the multifamily residential property industry
- Research experience in an Enterprise B2B SaaS context where you've tackled complex workflows and systems
Working at HappyCo:
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page!
Also some of the added benefits you’ll experience while working at HappyCo are:
-Work from anywhere!
-Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the Proptech industry
-Generous paid parental leave
-Unlimited time off
-Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses
HappyCo is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.