UX Research Intern
Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop "The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 4,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$130m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
Who we're looking for
You will support the UX Research team in their daily tasks. In particular, you will be responsible for conducting and synthesizing qualitative research sessions, planning and facilitating design workshops, while collaborating closely with product managers and designers. You will also advocate for our users' needs and pain points from different markets around APAC.
Prior experience with evaluative research is required, as well as a clear theoretical understanding of research methodologies and agile processes. You'll be working closely with other researchers, product managers, data analysts, and designers, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Hands-on creative problem solving of ShopBack’s products
- Support research team’s efforts locally and throughout the region, by delivering the operation side of our research process
- Share your work and be open to trade-offs and collaborative, constructive feedback
- Work with a multi-disciplined team of Product Designers, Strategists, Data Scientists, and Product Managers in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment
- Supporting research projects learning users throughout the region, mainly for the Taiwan market
- Work with a multi-cultural, international team of people around the world
- Demonstrate a passion for more data and being eager to receive feedback
- Tools that we use: Google Suite: Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Meet
- Project and knowledge management: Jira and Confluence, Figma
- Video editing: iMovie
- A strong work ethic, open-minded and commitment to self-improvement.
- Able to work well under tight deadlines in a team environment.
- Strong interest in user experience, data analysis and product management topics.
- Relevant work experience in user experience, industrial design, product management or engineering is helpful.
- Available to work at least 24 hours a week for 6 months. Flexible time arrangement.
- Third-year university student, sophomore or above, postgraduate is preferred