Product Design Associate
Are you passionate about design and user experience? Do mis-aligned buttons and inconsistencies in product experience drive you crazy? Do you look at everyday products and sketch out how they could be better? If so, being a product design associate may be the perfect job for you.
You’ll be working hands-on with 12 early-stage startups, helping them design, test, validate and deploy their products and solutions.
As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s an opportunity to broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, and get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the startup founders, mentors or investors they met during the program. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
We are looking for dynamic product designers who love getting involved in many different aspects of design. From graphic design to UI/UX, user research, web/mobile responsive design, you should be able to assess the needs of the companies and create beautiful and impactful UIs. You’ll be consulting with multiple top caliber startups as your clients over the course of the three month program on their product design strategy.
- A solid portfolio of work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills
- Prototyping and interaction design experience, ideally with Framer.js and/or Principle.
- Ability to transform stakeholder goals, user research and complex user flows into clean, usable UIs.
- You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team.
- A solid and up to date understanding of best practices, developments and trends in web, iOS/Android design.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn. This is truly key. You will be surrounded by brilliant startup founders, mentors and investors and our goal is for you to learn as much as you can.
- A positive outlook with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in the United States. This role is for 3 months (the duration of the program).
- Currently live in Boston or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,900 companies with a market cap of $23 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.