Manager, Design Strategy
The ideal candidate in this position can lead and direct the design strategy (web, mobile, desktop) of large-scale programs. Responsible and accountable for the user experience, working closely with various business verticals to ensure that both business vision and customer expectations are met. Establishes the overall strategy with emphasis on interactive design, visual design, documentation, and innovative user experience. Acts as a key storyteller for explaining how employees work today and how it can be better in the future. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies, assist in development and meeting of, departmental budget.
- Acts as a bridge between the journey leaders and product management to ensure that both the business goals and the user needs are continuously aligned.
- Responsible for serving as a persuasive and inspiring thought leaders bringing teams together to help discover the best frontline experience possible.
- Helps the team deliver business cases, roadmaps, visions, designs, research, and more to help connect projects and features.
- Helps in the initial stages of discovery as part of the software development lifecycle using design and research as key tools
- Inspires and leads cross-functional teams (strategy, insights, design, technology), providing effective team direction and guidance
- Acts as a human-centered design expert for our employee experiences
- Understands and incorporate complex business, strategic, and technical requirements into engagement outcomes
- Designs and facilitates successful presentations and workshops
- Creates high-level experience design concepts across a range of project types
- Inspires and develop the skills of supporting team members
- Leads creation of new strategy practice tools and processes
- Ensures that the usability of all online products are of the highest standards content, navigation, usability, search engine optimization and technical implementations.
- Establishes processes to develop easy to use and intuitive interaction models and visual interfaces for products, services and solutions. Works with teammates to validate the direction, models, designs and implementations through employee verifications.
- Prepares, conducts and facilitates the interaction with product management and engineering in brainstorming activities to create and implement compelling and intuitive interface designs.
- Facilitates overall development of and articulation of end user tasks and needs.
- Identifies competitive trends, new user experience developments and standards and internet usage trends.
- Advocates research and analyzes user characteristics and needs through such techniques as user profiling, competitive analysis, contextual inquiries and task analysis.
- Participates on a team to develop user case scenarios that support product requirements.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.