Senior Product Designer
OkHi is a smart addressing system, enabling 4 billion people to “be included”.
We’re solving a problem affecting half of the world and costing businesses $200bn a year.
Backed by Google and Facebook, we’re a team with Silicon Valley expertise, strong values and a pioneering culture.
We’ve recently raised over $2M to bring in talent that can power us to Series A and ultimately, our Mission.
We need you!
OkHi is solving a global problem and we’re growing fast. This creates an exciting and fulfilling opportunity for a Senior Product Designer to join our team and work alongside design, product and business teams to build products users love.
- A senior product designer with at least 6 years experience driving the design of shipped products on mobile and web
- An exceptional design thinker with user research, user experience design (UX) and user interface design (UI) within your core competencies
- User focused and energised by user research that sits at the heart of your process and decision making
- A creative problem solver, able to move between product documentation, low-fi sketches, virtual whiteboards through prototypes to pixel perfect handovers
- An expert in your chosen design tools eg. Figma, Sketch, Craft, Abstract, Miro
- Used to working in agile teams, with strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating design decisions with product owners and developers
- Technical enough that you can understand engineers to ensure product, design and development stakeholders contribute to the best end product
- In love with design; you’re not satisfied with the status quo and obsessed with finding ways to improve
- Motivated by growth, both for your own career as well the team around you, with your sights set on design leadership
- Organised and systematic; able to plan ahead, working in a systematic way, delivering within agreed time frames
- Design and deliver features and products across native apps, SDKs and web experiences working closely with the product team
- Run user experience research studies from planning, conducting interviews to documented insights and recommendations
- Conceptualise, wireframe and design experiences that are intuitive and engaging solutions to complex design problems
- Translate UX structure to UI surface according to platform-specific requirements and produce development ready designs
- Lead the schedule and review of design driving the milestones and meetings to gather feedback and next steps
- Run design sprints and experiments collaboratively to validate ideas and hypotheses in collaboration
- Keep yourself and the team up to date with the latest design trends, patterns, techniques and technologies
- Contribute to the evolution and adoption of our design system
- Engage with remote and physical teams; mainly remotely with the UK based Head of Design lead with opportunity to meet with in-country team members
- Purpose driven and passionate about having a big impact on the world, enabling people to “be included”
- An international company attempting to create the best company to work for in Africa
- An open and inclusive working environment with a culture that encourages innovation, experimentation, willingness to fail and collaboration
- Guided by our five core values which support us in our daily decisions across all aspects of the business
- Motivated by your growth, working with the team to provide resources and support that will accelerate your professional and personal growth
- Excited to meet diverse, multi talented and engaged people to help us on our journey
- Backed by world class investors including the co-founder of AirBnb Nate Blecharczyk, ex-CFO of Google Patrick Pichette and Google
- We operate remotely but need you to be working within +/- 3 hours from East Africa Time
- You have previous experience living and working in Nigeria