Senior UX Researcher
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Hearsay is facing a challenge to level up research driven product design. To achieve this goal, we need to elevate the in-house research practice; organize already existing insights, findings and knowledge; manage research needs; continuously facilitate research efforts and execute initiatives.
We are seeking a Senior UX Researcher to be a critical partner to the Design Team in uncovering user behaviors, needs, and motivations and increasing research maturity and processes. If this sounds like an exciting challenge to take on, then we encourage you to continue reading!
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009, Hearsay Systems is reinventing the human-client experience in financial services. The Hearsay Client Engagement Platform empowers over 200,000 advisors and agents to authentically and intelligently grow business relationships by proactively guiding and capturing the last mile of digital communications. The world’s leading financial firms—including Allstate, New York Life, Morgan Stanley, and Charles Schwab—rely on Hearsay’s SaaS platform to scale their reach, optimize sales engagements, and deliver exceptional client service in a consistent and compliant manner.
We are a tight-knit and dedicated team that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products help advisors and agents scale personalized customer engagements across social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram), websites, text, and voice.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Hearsay has a globally distributed team with members in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Seattle, New York, Toronto, London, Budapest, and Manila and is backed by Sequoia Capital, NewView Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the role:
- Own, design and execute global and strategic research initiatives and problem validation efforts spanning products, services and users.
- Support product teams by conducting or assisting in the execution of research activities (discovery, exploratory & validation) for their products.
- Guide, train, and encourage Product Designers in using and incorporating research tools and methodology freely and more confidently into the product development process.
- Own and maintain the research repository and drive transformation of insights into features or product initiatives.
- Prioritize research requests and set up a high level roadmap for conducting them.
- Evangelize and socialize the value of research. Share user insights with the organization in creative and highly visible ways.
- Define, maintain and manage an effective research toolset.
- Define and manage processes and craft in order to amplify the value and impact of research.
- 5+ years of applied research experience
- Proficiency in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies with the ability to come up with creative research solutions as needed
- Great storytelling abilities to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings to multiple audiences: product, engineering, go-to-market teams, and external audiences
- Proven track record of impactful user research that drives the design of user or consumer experiences
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Proactive and self-directed approach, with the ability to identify problems and bring solutions to the table
- Experience testing mobile and web-based applications
- Meeting and workshop facilitation skills
It's a plus, but not required, if you have:
- Experience building and maintaining a research repository.
- Experience in remote research methodologies.
- Enterprise software experience.A varied skill profile within User Experience Design, with core expertise in Design Research, but capable in Interaction (UX) Design, UI Design, Prototyping, etc.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: At Hearsay we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.