UrbanStems is a modern floral and gifting company designed for thoughtful people. Founded in 2014 in Washington, DC, UrbanStems has become a leader in the space with our expressive bouquets, plants and gift options. From coast-to-coast next day delivery to same-day courier service in NYC and DC, we are helping people stay connected.
Named one of Inc. 500’s fastest-growing companies in 2019, UrbanStems has launched brand partnerships with Vogue, Bumble, JCrew and more. We offer a collaborative and open working environment with ample opportunity to grow and learn.
We’re looking for our first in-house UI/UX Designer to join our growing engineering team. Our ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of how each touchpoint is connected to the user experience, and will be at ease collaborating with our Customer Experience team to create an enjoyable experience at every step of the customer journey. This is a brand new position we’ve created, and we’d love for you to grow with us!
- Create user centric designs by understanding and translating UrbanStems’ business requirements, and analyzing customer feedback
- Collaborate with our Ecommerce Customer Experience team to run designs through the entire lifecycle (from idea to measurement and improvement)
- Create user flows, wireframes, and mockups that translate ecommerce system requirements into highly functional, user friendly experiences
- Solve for complex, user centric cases while leveraging the design thinking process across various project sizes and timelines
- Remain up to date on emerging industry trends to provide insight on ways to improve visual design, usability, website functionality, and experiences
- Iterate and evolve designs by conducting user testing and qualitative sessions to improve engagement, usability, and affinity
- Several years experience in a UI/UX capacity, with ecommerce industry experience strongly preferred; experience with an ecommerce platform such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud or Shopify preferable
- Experience with a UI-native design tool, such as Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, or Sketch
- You adapt to new technology quickly and are always looking for opportunities to hone your skills in a fast paced work environment
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across technical and non-technical teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to shift gears quickly and effectively
- We’re a small, lean team; a desire to take ownership of tasks and projects is a must
We value diversity at UrbanStems. We welcome and employ individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.