Chief’s mission is to build the most powerful network focused on connecting and supporting women leaders. Our members are VP and C-level executives across every industry who are leading their companies today and building a more equitable tomorrow. Chief was recently recognized as one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies of 2021, and you can read more about us in Forbes or watch us on the Today Show.
Launched in early 2019, Chief is a Series A stage start-up backed by General Catalyst, Inspired Capital, Primary Ventures, and other top-tier investors. We’re headquartered in New York City, with membership open in Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington, DC. Our flagship locations are in NYC, LA, and Chicago.
About the Role:
As a UX Writer, you will partner closely with product managers, product designers, and engineers to define and build powerful user experiences. Come help us tell our story here at Chief and drive the best products forward for our members. You will help define and create standards, patterns, and mechanisms to elevate all of our copy to be crisp, clear, and transparent while maintaining our brand voice and tone. This role is a critical hire for Chief as we scale quickly and will report directly into the Sr Director of Design.
- Write the words and craft the experiences that go into the products we build to grow our business.
- Anticipate customer needs based on their objectives and explore innovative solutions to customer issues in partnership with the product & design team.
- Define and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards.
- Own the text for multiple products in partnership with design, product management, engineering, and marketing to ensure overall strategy meets both product goals and customer needs.
- Collaborate on creative projects and new marketing initiatives.
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of design experience, writing or editing content for web and mobile products.
- An unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences.
- Experience creating user-focused product writing, with a portfolio of writing samples that shows ideas expressed clearly.
- Ability to persuade and present recommendations with sound reasoning and conviction.
Why You'll Want to Work Here:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Full medical, dental, and vision packages, 401(k)
- Experience as an early member of a startup team with exciting early traction
- Opportunity to work for a startup focused on driving real change for women in business
- Opportunity to create and attend inspiring experiences and events with leaders of the industry