From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We are looking for our first UX researcher, someone that can bring stellar facilitation, interviewing, and synthesis ability to our growing team. You will channel our customer’s perspective into product initiatives across the organization as you partner with designers, product managers, analysts, and engineers. You will need a toolkit of many methodologies and an ability to tell engrossing stories that help grow customer empathy and drive decision-making.
Fivetran has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We appreciate research leaders who are curious, humble, think deeply, speak clearly, and thrive on collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello with links to your work and experience. This role will report directly to the Head of Product Design.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with Designers and Product Managers while leading research efforts across product pods.
- Drive methodology approach and execution for each research project.
- Build team alignment and clearly articulate problem statements based on customer signals.
- Tell customer stories through research deliverables that help align and validate product efforts.
- Synthesize observations into concise narratives and insights that encourage others to take action.
- Help build foundational research practices within the Design and Product organizations.
- Evangelize rigorous research process and customer-focused thinking throughout the company.
What you’ll need:
- You should have experience recruiting and interviewing participants, synthesizing findings, and sharing those insights in a compelling fashion.
- You have participated in advanced user research studies (e.g. non-directed interviews, ethnographic studies)
- Multiple case studies clearly showcasing your experience.
- A passion for complex problems and tools. You understand the goals and processes of internal partners as well as external users.
- You get excited about data. Your work will help our users ingest, explore, and transform their enterprise-scale data.
- You’ve worked on projects with complex challenges (e.g. remote teams, cultural barriers, complex regulations)
- You are great at collaborating. You share work early and often, and seek constructive feedback from stakeholders.
- Experience working closely with multiple disciplines to champion research at every step.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in big data, AI, or data analytics.
- Experience building research operations.
- A desire to have fun while building a great product!
Benefits and Compensation:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs