At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more.
As a UX Designer on the Mobile team, you will apply principles of design thinking to conceptualize and create engaging, valuable, and intuitive user experiences for our iOS and Android Mobile Apps. You will represent the end-user and promote human-centered methodologies across the product team to ensure new designs that meet people’s needs from first-time users to seasoned experts.
The Smartsheet Mobile team is passionate about delivering elegant and impactful solutions to help our on-the-go customers get stuff done with their teams. Our customers include field workers, information workers and business leaders alike, and our apps help to empower and delight each of these customers. Your passion for building great experiences and data-driven approach will help our customers get the most out of their Smartsheet mobile experience.
This role is remote-eligible or can be based in our headquarters located in Bellevue, WA. You will report to the UX Design Manager.
- Gain an understanding of user needs and goals, and collaborate on problem solving
- Collaborate across product teams to launch features based on user needs, business goals, and technical constraints
- Align on vision across different feature areas, and deliver on end-to-end product experiences
- Create task flows, wireframes, prototypes and other interaction design deliverables
- Conduct usability testing and incorporate user and team feedback
- Design beautiful interfaces, and help define our new Mobile Design System that makes emotional connections with users
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for implementation of your designs through the development process
- Support other duties
- 3+ years experience designing simple solutions for complex problems
- Passion for talking to users to understand their goals, frustrations, and needs
- You are a self-starter, love to take ownership of your projects, and are excited to collaborate with partner teams to think holistically about customer needs and experience
- Experience working with customers, conducting usability testing, and facilitating activities to gather insights on user needs and goals
- Ability to quickly prototype to communicate designs and ideas
- A portfolio that shows: collaboration in your processes, ability to design for end-to-end experiences, clean UI, and interaction design
- Ability to clearly present your designs, and articulate decision making process based on research
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Centered Design, Graphic Design, or a related field
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!