Full-time Assistant Art Director Designer
Assistant Art Director Designer, Full-Time
We’re Aalto (pronounced “Alto” like the saxophone... not “A-Alto”), a creative agency focused on building websites and digital projects that elevate experiences, alleviating problems of the everyday user.
As an Associate Art Director for Aalto, you’ll be expected to juggle multiple projects while meeting deadlines. We’re looking for someone who is on awwwards.com every day looking for inspiration and keeping up to date with the latest trends. If you’re an independent thinker who likes to learn new skills and ways to solve problems we will give you all the bandwidth to learn that new skill.
Our designers are expected to work on an array of design problems that may include digital UI/UX design, branding, or designing for marketing deliverables. The design team works to translate strategic and conceptual priorities into elegant digital interfaces, then works directly with our web development team to implement digital experiences and platforms.
Things we’re looking for:
- A strong portfolio of your work in visual design; the ability to tell the story of each project
- Experience with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe InDesign, and/or Illustrator
- Ability to work effectively in a Mac OS X environment
- The desire to learn, collaborate, listen, and grow
- Passion for problem solving, design, and creativity
- An interest in web, UX, UI, design systems, and a little branding doesn’t hurt.
- You’re all over new tools and trends in the design industry, and keep the team up-to-date with the latest happenings.
- You have a solid understanding of designing within web constraints and working with a development team to implement your designs. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred.
Things you’ll do:
- Gain a high-level understanding of client needs and pain points
- Problem solve and ideate solutions to meet project goals and objectives
- Design visuals for our development team
- Collaborate with a team of project managers, developers, and other designers
- Present work to internal and external stakeholders
These things make you even more kick-ass:
Experience with web accessibility
Experience working in a creative agency environment
Experience with audience research, user experience, and agile project management
Working at Aalto is a daily mix of collaboration and creativity. We’ve adjusted to pandemic life with a team-wide work-from-home setup, organizing virtual spaces to keep the team connected and sharing the latest memes.
- Unlimited PTO
- I mean, be cool, but we want our staff to be happy and healthy.
- Healthcare plan
- You don’t have to be afraid of getting sick here, we cover 100% of your major
medical premium and are currently on a $0 deductible plan
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Conference opportunities
- Parental leave
- Company Macbook + monitor
- We're looking for inspirational people who share our values and are excited to work and grow with us. To apply, please submit your resume, portfolio, and a letter explaining why you want to work for Aalto.