Due to ongoing public health concerns, Think Company continues to operate as a fully remote company. As such, please consider this a remote (work from home) position for the time being.
Think Company is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join an established design and research team. As a member of this team, you will help to evolve and refine existing initiatives, while also contributing to the development of future strategic research and design decisions for our client’s line of work.
You should have experience owning significant portions of major research initiatives, be able to leverage both qualitative and quantitative, generative and evaluative, with the ability to assess research questions at hand, plan a path forward and surface invaluable insights influencing next steps and key decisions, all while partnering with multi-disciplinary teams along the way.
If you love solving problems through an intensely collaborative research and design process with both clients and colleagues—and can communicate those ideas clearly—you may be our ideal candidate. In applying for this job, you should have a strong grounding in foundational design research principles, portfolio pieces demonstrating your ability to plan and execute research for complex systems, and an innate interest in shaping our connected world.
- Work closely with client teams to identify research goals and questions
- Guide clients and product teams on the appropriate research design strategy needed to answer critical questions
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods as well as human-centered design principles
- Conduct simple quantitative analysis and synthesis of data sets
- Work cross-functionally with software development, design, content strategy, data science, and marketing
- Communicate research insights and recommendations in compelling and creative ways with team members and senior management
- Facilitate research debriefs, brainstorming exercises, and/or other workshops that utilize design thinking approaches to fuel ideation and evaluate product design grounded in research findings
- Mentor and train team members in the development and practice of user experience research techniques, processes and methods
- Assist with prioritizing research projects by collaborating with market research and other analytics and insights teams
- Command a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design research methods (e.g., usability testing, ethnography, diary study)
- Utilize design thinking approaches in product design and research
- Assist clients in building research practices and customer feedback touchpoints, enabling a continual improvement design and development environment
- Portfolio of work demonstrating experience researching for complex systems and user experiences
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the UX design field
- Uncommon attention to detail with focus on efficiency
- Track record of driving research work streams and deliverables
- Strong ability to clearly communicate research findings and opportunities to team members and clients in live presentations
- Proficiency with tools and applications that enable and supplement research efforts in remote environments (usability testing, card sorts, surveys, first click tests, diary studies, etc.)
- Working knowledge of basic principles of UX and research within an agile environment
Think Company defines and solves business problems across many industries for both start-ups and Fortune 50 organizations. Assignments range from 3–6 month projects to 12–18 month dedicated teams, sometimes with significant onsite time at our clients' locations. Our environment is dynamic and highly matrixed involving design, development, and project management. We do more than production—we conduct discovery, research, ideation, prototyping, testing, and implementation.
Our Thinkers present concepts to executive-level stakeholders, answer hard questions, and back up their recommendations with evidence while exuding confidence and gaining buy-in. Our solutions often solve the challenges of modern companies—integrating multiple systems, breaking down organizational silos, and creating more holistic service experiences. Check out our work for examples of our typical projects.
We are a design firm that encourages fun, creativity, and relationship building. Check out Think Company's Core Values.
Think Company is dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our own organization and provides equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, income, marital status, ages, philosophies, disabilities, and veteran status.
Recruiters and staffing companies need not contact us and do not have permission to contact people on our behalf.