UX Research Lead
About the Company:
FORME is an interactive, connected fitness platform combining hardware, digital subscription content, and personal training services. FORME is also the exclusive hardware partner for Barry’s digital content platform, Barry’s X. We produce all of their workouts! Our products are designed to deliver the absolute best home fitness experience with:
- Studio hardware that looks beautiful in the home
- Exciting content including Barry's, yoga, strength, cardio, core, boxing, dance, meditation, recovery and barre
- World-class trainers delivering the widest variety of workout content in an intimate 1:1 personal training format
- Personalized workout plans designed to help members achieve their aspirations and outcomes related to fitness
Our goal is to make fitness efficient, effective, and convenient for our members and ensure they continue to enjoy using their Studio, day after day, for years to come.
We’re looking for a UX Research Lead to join our User Experience team. As an early member of our growing team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our research principles, process, and tools. You’ll work closely with our Director of User Experience to define the questions that guide our UX research program, and collaborate with our designers on specific research plans for each phase of our member journey. You’ll start as a one person team, handling planning, coordination, and moderation of research sessions. As we grow, you’ll have the opportunity to lead other researchers.
Note: This is primarily a remote role, but will require you to conduct in-person research sessions at our San Francisco office, once we’re all vaccinated.
What we're looking for:
- A lengthy record of applying qualitative and quantitative methodologies to both generative and evaluative research
- Experience developing research plans that have delivered insights and actionable recommendations for high-quality interactive consumer products
- A strong reputation for partnering with Design, Product, and Engineering
- A portfolio that demonstrates outstanding research acumen
- The ability to clearly articulate your decision making process, and the rationale behind your decisions
- Experience in the fitness industry, either professionally or as an enthusiast
- Self-awareness, a growth mindset, and a healthy drive to get things done
What We Offer
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 100% employer-paid health coverage* (medical, dental, vision, disability) for employees
- FSA/HSA & Commuter benefits
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact
- The chance to design a truly holistic experience for our employees
- The opportunity to be a part of a growing company, building from the ground up
Forme is committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If any candidate requires reasonable accommodations during the application process, the individual is encouraged to contact the Forme Talent Team to make the necessary arrangements.