Senior Product Designer
Do you want to join the newly open Bulgarian research & development center of Boston's hottest startup? Insurify is one of the fastest-growing MIT FinTech businesses and has been recognized as a global Top 100 InsurTech company. We're changing the way millions of people compare and buy insurance with artificial intelligence, technology, and superior product design.
Founded in 2013 by Snejina Zacharia (CEO), Todor Kiryazov (CPO) and Giorgos Zacharia, Co-founder and Board Member, Insurify has raised $128 million in venture capital funding from top investors including Viola Group, MTech Capital, Hearst Ventures, Nationwide Ventures and MassMutual Ventures.
Our team is highly analytical, fast-moving, and focused on one thing: getting more people to compare insurance quotes using Insurify.
We are looking for a product designer with a solid foundation in visual and motion design. Here at Insurify, you'd have the opportunity to join as the second product designer in a product-led company that, moving forward, will rely on design as a critical competitive advantage. We aim to create a smooth and enjoyable experience for millions of customers interacting with our product every month.
You will have the opportunity to strategically impact the design process and visual identity of Insurify. You could closely work with product managers to ideate design solutions and hand off pixel-perfect prototypes to engineering.
If you don't tick all the boxes, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for someone willing to learn and complement the team with a unique set of strengths.
How you will make an impact
- Lead a product area from the conception of a design idea to launch
- Design end-to-end flows and experiences that are simple and elegant, and solve the most pressing problems our customers are experiencing
- Align business vision with customer requirements turning them into valuable and accessible features
- Work with engineers as you build, iterate on, and ship ideas, and solicit feedback to raise our bar for quality
- Co-own our design system
- Be an active contributor in building the UI/UX process of Insurify
What you need to succeed
- End-to-end experience with building and shipping software
- Strong visual design skills: You know the ins and outs of color theory, type and visual hierarchy
- Interaction design: you will define how experiences behave, and our interaction model works
- Visual design: you will define visual language (typography, color, layout, iconography, and aesthetic) that will impact how the product is perceived and consumed (you’re a wizard with Figma)
- Objective-driven with experience leading product direction (test assumptions with Maze)
- Ability to articulate your product decisions and present your work to the broader team
- Ability to execute at speed navigating the rapidly changing priorities of a growing startup
- Employee stock options
- 25 days annual leave
- Enhanced private medical & dental insurance plans
- Budget for books and other learning resources
- Team buildings and events
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.