UX Content Lead
At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We're a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We're looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for a Lead UX Writer in either our Calgary or Winnipeg offices. As a UX Content Lead, you will lead the content strategy across Neo’s member portal and app to create thoughtful content that facilitates understanding and engagement within our products. As the owner of in-product communication, your work will have a major influence in creating a world-class user experience.
You will work closely with designers, researchers, product managers, product marketers, and developers to help build products that empower our users to take control of their financial future.
What you'll be doing:
- Advocate for best practices in UX writing, and own the content strategy and guidelines that set the tone for writing across Neo’s entire product suite.
- Work to understand business goals and user needs, then plan, develop, and deliver written content that addresses both.
- Work with cross-functional product teams, and be responsible for all written content produced; from initial discovery through to the execution of final crafted details.
- Write interface content, microcopy, emails, push notifications, SMS, and other communication for the digital product suite to drive action, engagement, and understanding.
- Work with teams to understand the members you're designing for. Whether it's joining user research sessions, learning from previous insights, reading data reports, or running your own lightweight research and analysis, you will strive to understand the what, why, and how of the problems you're solving to ensure we create products that help our customers get the most out of their time and money.
- Advocate for inclusivity and accessibility, crafting delightful content and experiences for various demographics, reimagining products so that they're effective for a range of audiences.
- Collaborate at both strategic and operational levels with Product, Design, UX Research, and Product Marketing teams.
- Develop the UX writing practice at Neo, helping to identify, hire, and develop top talent while creating guidelines, best practices and tools.
- Work with Legal, Localization, and Support to ensure our products are appropriately and responsibly launched.
Who we're looking for:
- 5+ years of Content Design, UX Writing, or related experience writing content for digital products.
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skill and efficiency as a writer.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Psychology, Design, Linguistics, Human-Computer Interaction, or any area that emphasizes the analysis and use of language or narrative and systematic thinking.
What will help you suceed:
- You've led the writing practice of world-class product launches in a fast-growing company before, ideally within a similar sector.
- You have experience taking the lead in setting content priorities across a number of work areas in a rapidly changing environment.
- You understand that good writing is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make rationalized decisions, always advocating for the best possible user experience.
- You're passionate about inclusive design and accessibility and write with all users in mind.
- You are comfortable working with the details and seeing the broader picture, understanding how your work fits into the strategy and objectives of Neorience.
- Fluency in user experience, heuristics, information architecture, information design, and writing principles.
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.