Gradient’s mission is to cool the world by transforming every home to be more comfortable and healthy for the people who inhabit it — without compromising the environment. Today, heating and cooling equipment emits more greenhouse gas emissions than the entire transportation sector, and expansion in the use of cooling is projected to double these emissions in the next 30 years. However, comfortable buildings are critical for health and productivity, especially among communities that are vulnerable to the effects of climate change. Gradient’s vision is a future where everyone has access to comfortable buildings that are fully decarbonized. Our launch product is a direct-to-consumer high-efficiency and low-carbon heat pump.
We are looking for a Product Designer to work with the Engineering and Product teams to execute Gradient's vision of beautiful climate-friendly products, from the look-feel of the mechanical components, user experience and interactions, to the visual aspects of the product’s design assets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across industrial design, marketing, user research, and product development to refine the look and feel of Gradient’s consumer products.
- Create and test early prototypes to inform design approaches. Apply design thinking and human-centered design to create delightful user experiences.
- Give design direction to the software development team for graphic and user interface elements for the iOS and Android applications.
- Layout artwork and content for user manuals, labels, packaging, websites, and other accompanying materials.
- Guide cosmetic specifications and requirements for all external faces of Gradient’s products.
- Update and design parts and assemblies in Solidworks as needed.
- Shared commitment to building world-positive businesses and products, from climate change mitigation to design as a tool for increased human well-being.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly to a dynamic startup environment, and to seek external resources when needed.
- Experience working closely with mechanical design and/or manufacturing teams of consumer products which have entered the market.
- Proficient in Solidworks or similar mechanical CAD programs.
- Proficient in UI/UX prototyping tools such as Figma, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- An aesthetic eye, with a product design and visual design portfolio.
- BS, MS, or MFA in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO within reason
- Relocation package ( out of state applicants only )
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Gradient Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.