Senior Product Designer
DataCamp is building the best platform to learn and teach data skills. We create technology for personalized learning experiences and bring the power of data fluency to millions of people around the world. Our learners get real hands-on experience by completing self paced, interactive data science courses, practice, and projects from the best instructors in the world, right in the browser.
We are an international team with backgrounds in education, data science, design, psychology, biology, linguistics, engineering and more. We are united by our passion for impacting the future of education.
About the Role
As a product designer working on learner experiences, you'll work on big new ideas and elevate existing experiences that will transform how people gain data skills! You’ll collaborate with engineers, product managers, data scientists, and content developers to bring life changing new skills to learners across the globe. We are a highly user-centered team working in a fast-paced, growing environment. Your work will highly influence our overall product value and design.
This role demands high quality craft, innovation, systems thinking, optimism for future value and a continued passion to get to the bottom of user opportunities and ambition to take projects to the finish line.
What you’ll do at DataCamp
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction for our learning experience
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around customer needs, opportunities, and product solutions
- Work cross-functionally as part of a product squad
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and ship high quality product improvement
- Regularly participate in design critiques across DataCamp’s design teams
You are a great fit if:
- You love tackling ambiguous problems/needs and shaping them into clear goals
- You think beyond the digital screen and design for human emotions and interactions in the physical world
- You have a bias toward action and choose to leverage quick visual communication, including sketches, wireframes, and flow diagrams
- You leverage your prototyping skills to articulate your designs, especially in cases where interactions may be particularly nuanced
- You value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
- You have experience in different human centered design tools including, user interviews, usability tests, heuristic reviews, and competitive analysis
- You ask questions, challenge how things work today and seek to understand nuance
- You perform best in a radical candour type of feedback environment, and you embrace radical truth.
- You have a portfolio showing your track record of shipping phenomenal product design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the discovery, development and release cycles
- You have 5+ years working as a product designer with experience in a scale-up environment
Benefits you love
- Learning and development. We encourage continued education through a conference budget and external training
- A competitive salary and stock options
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Work with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
- Open to freelancers who can commit for at least one year in full time
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We’re making Data Science accessible worldwide and are committed to building a global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills as well as creating an inclusive environment for all employees.