Senior Product Designer
Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start-up. The WillowTwin™ is a disruptive IoT/Data SaaS that unlocks the true potential of smart buildings and infrastructure. We are writing a new chapter in human history, with unprecedented resource optimisation and management empowered by data.
For the second year in a row (2020 & 2021), Willow has been ranked in Linked In's Australian "Top 25 Start-ups". You will be joining a team of performance-driven individuals, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast-paced, nurturing and collaborative.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to work on a world class platform across our range of products. You have strong UX and interactive design experience, preferably in product teams, and can demonstrate this experience in case studies or in an online portfolio. You understand the end-to-end product design process from research through prototyping to interface design & usability testing, and you are highly proficient in the appropriate design tools.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Establish UX insights and metrics, and translate them to user journeys, user flows, wireframes, interface designs and prototypes.
- Lead and participate in design thinking workshops.
- Cross-function with Product and Engineering to represent design and facilitate design discussion.
- Contribute to and maintain UI design systems and patterns.
- Collaborate with Engineering to deliver a high-quality user experience.
- Collaborate with Product Teams to refine stories and influence the roadmap.
- Develop company-wide design principles, practises and outcomes, and communicate them to team members and stakeholders.
- Plan, facilitate and synthesise user testing and feedback sessions.
Skills & Experience Required:
- 5+ years of product design experience working across both desktop and mobile.
- Keen eye for high-end, pixel-perfect graphic and interface design, plus you understand how to maximise the usability for a platform by working with product teams and developers to achieve your design goals. You know where and when to focus your design skills; often taking on bigger challenges than just websites or applications.
- Strong communication, organisational skills, and analytical thinking skills
- A team player who knows how to collaborate and brainstorm with people of different skills and backgrounds
- Experience working in a fast-paced, innovative space; preferably another startup.
- Experience in end-to-end UX design practices .
- Strong grasp of design thinking and how it complements agile product development.
- Experience generating both lo-fi and hi-fi prototypes as a means to ideate.
- Understanding of how designed layouts and components are implemented; CSS, React or other coding skills a big plus.
- Understanding of Human Centred Design to understand user needs and behaviours.
- Very high proficiency in Adobe XD and CC (preferred) and/or Miro, Figma Sketch, Flinto, Invision.
If you are eager to work in a fast-paced, high growth tech start-up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Willow is proudly diverse. We work to create an equitable and inclusive experience for candidates and employees, where people from different backgrounds have an opportunity to succeed. Join us in our mission to digitise the built world!
To find out more, visit the website: https://www.willowinc.com