Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a highly creative Senior Product Designer to join our Mortgages team and help shape the future of the home buying experience in app.
Buying a home is an important and emotive goal for millions of people in the UK. From buying their first flat to the dream family home, this is a topic that is at the forefront of people’s minds, especially now. As the UK market leader in Lifetime ISAs we are already helping hundreds of thousands of people save >£75m towards their first (or next) home each month. However, we feel that this isn’t enough. To really help customers we need to support them all the way through their home buying journey, from starting to save all the way through to getting the keys to the property. Therefore, earlier this year, we launched Moneybox Mortgage Advice – our mortgage brokerage. This service aims to help customers complete their home buying journey by helping them find the right mortgage and supporting them all the way through to completion. To date we have built an MVP service and helped hundreds of customers. The next challenge is to scale it and improve it so that it becomes the preferred choice for the large majority of our Lifetime ISA customers.
As the Mortgages Product Designer you have the opportunity to shape the product experience, with best-in-class visual design skills and solid experience of UX practice. The successful candidate will be part of the cross functional Mortgages team, designing for the native apps. You will also have opportunities to lead/mentor junior members of the team. You must have roughly 5 years of experience, have a good technical understanding, a passion for getting into the detail and helping people buy homes.
All applications must include a copy/link to your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Full stack product design, taking responsibility for all aspects of the of the feature you design - from the first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process
- You will report directly to the Design Manager
- You’re expected inspire everyone around you, be a thought leader and mentor other designers in the team
- You’ll participate in weekly design reviews with the rest of the design team to help improve designs right across the app
- Work directly with product, insights and engineerings team to understand the user base, business needs, related requirements and technical constraints
- Have a deep understanding of the Moneybox products and app
- Utilize your full range of UX design (interaction design and visual design skills)
- Lead the vision for Home-buying in the app and communicate your ideas and rationale to wider stakeholders
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple yet inspiring
- Feedback to developers throughout the development cycle, helping to launch features which match specifications
- Evaluate UI/UX design throughout the development cycle, always on the lookout for improvements and continuously deliver design iterations in order to achieve the best experience
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to define and design new tools, features, flows and mockups
- Use a combination of data and customer feedback to refine and optimise screens, processes and micro-interactions
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company
Who you are
- A driven designer with 5+ years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design in digital including experience in mobile and native applications
- Possess a portfolio full of beautiful, well thought out interface work that showcases your flair and attention-to-detail. Include examples of mobile and app products you have worked on (iOS and Android) – if you have them
- Expert with each stage of the design UX/UI design process (eg: process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, research, interaction design, visual design, prototyping)
- Business minded, applying Design Thinking methods to match people's needs with what is technically feasible resulting in a viable business strategy which converts customer value and market opportunity
- Ability to design products and features that match how people think and behave
- Autonomous and entrepreneurial
- Eager to deliver impeccable visual designs
- High attention to detail
- Quick learner, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to make complex ideas simple to understand and easy to use for customers
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt and convey your ideas and thought process
- Used to working in a fast paced environment
- A master in communicating your ideas
- What drives you is delivering great experiences and solving problems
- Love showing your work often because it’s how you improve
- A keen interest and knowledge of FinTech industry
- Passionate about helping people save and invest for their future
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design
- Familiar with Sketch and other design tools (Adobe CC suite)
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Marvel, Protopie or similar
- Experience of native iOS/Android design
- Experience working in a fast paced environment alongside developers
- Used or constructed design systems
- Experience or knowledge of Agile methodology
- Experience leading design projects and presenting to stakeholders
What’s in it for you?
- This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup and have a huge impact on how a generation invests for their future.
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals.
- Experience and contribute to an environment where you are listened to.
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture.
- Company share options.
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: DPO@moneyboxapp.com