At Kevala, we are on an urgent mission to decarbonize the global energy economy using the most comprehensive data sets available on earth. We are a group of ambitious intellectuals who embrace unconventional approaches to solving complex problems. We foster a culture where all are encouraged to collaborate, be creative, and above all - support each other in our collective endeavors. As a fast-growing start-up, we are looking for individuals who are passionate about accelerating a sustainable clean energy future and excited to join in on our mission to make energy-related data meaningful, transparent, and broadly accessible.
Kevala is looking for a UX/Product Designer to join our growing team. This individual will bring their design skills to a company with goals to make important, positive changes in support of renewable energy. If you seek an opportunity to apply your skills to various situations, design problems, and participate in defining both the foundations of products and the company's design team, we encourage you to apply.
Design at Kevala works collaboratively with all teams to facilitate ideation and provide user research, UX strategy, and UX/UI design to deliver design solutions appropriate to goals, always with a focus on the user. Design makes use of systems and patterns to deliver efficiently and consistently for both the Solutions Platform and a multi-SaaS product offer
What you will be doing
- Create UI/UX for our Saas software products and customer solutions platform based on user needs, customer feedback, and business goals
- Use user and competitive landscape research, testing, and other data to inform and/or validate your work
- Facilitate work sessions to understand problems, requirements, and to support ideation of solutions
- Create storyboards and prototypes to conceptualize designs and convey project plans to end users, customers, and stakeholders
- Provide detailed specifications of interactions, layouts, components, and styles to developers and guide them to successful implementation
- Collaborate in building systems and guides
- Use your design skills in support of general design team responsibilities when needed
What you need to succeed
- 5+ years of professional experience in creating and implementing UI/UX design for responsive web tools and services
- Experience in defining details of UXs for data analytics, data visualizations, and dashboard UIs
- Proficiency with design programs such as Sketch, Adobe CS Suite, and at least one interactive prototyping tool
- Experience creating storyboards and interactive prototypes to support ideation, testing, and decision making
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize solutions within constraints
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
What will make you stand out
- Interest or experience in the energy industry
- Experience designing for SaaS products
- Additional depth of skill in either visual design or UX research
We are headquartered in San Francisco, but we embrace the virtual office and are continuing to grow our team across the United States.
$90,000-$155,000 (depending on location and experience)
As a Kevalier, you will have access to offer a wide range of benefits including equity, affordable health coverage (medical, dental, vision), unlimited time off, physical wellness allowance, and professional development.
Who we are
Our team is passionate about decarbonizing the electric grid. We are focused on solving the challenges facing energy market participants interacting with the evolving electricity grid. America’s aging electric system is facing rapid transformation from changing technology and proliferation of distributed energy resources. Kevala is providing data and analysis to accelerate smart investment in a world served by a more robust, environmentally sustainable, effective, and safe grid. The principle of creating a better future by mapping our mutual energy sources and systems is the foundation for everything we do.
We are an equal opportunity employer that believes a diverse team will not just lead to a better working environment but will also help us create better products and services.
Kevala is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. If any reasonable accommodation is needed in our process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.