Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
BlockSwap is building a fixed income protocol that provides sustainable savings from Proof of Stake assets.
The company was founded by leading cross-chain specialists and DeFi engineers, We are a small team crushing the scene with a true passion for DAO, DeFi, and NFT and a relentless commitment to extend crypto benefits to mainstream everyday users.
Our anchor product is Saver (Universal Basic Savings), enabling anyone from anywhere to have permissionless stable dollar savings. We have a laser focus on last-mile user onboarding, and our ecosystem has been growing from strength to strength.
We are well-capitalized and our mission is supported by world-class investors and advisors, including early backers of SpaceX and Robinhood.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our team. You will help with our product design-related efforts, including user research, prototyping, testing, and iterating on appealing and consistent UX for our products.
You will also have the opportunity to translate the Blockswap product's UI/UX in line with our brand into digital assets, motion, and an engaging experience for community interaction. You will work closely with our Engineering and Marketing dept:
As an open-source, permissionless protocol, we believe in trustless access to blockchain benefits for everyday users is critical in shaping the future of DeFi that will enable greater participation in global digital economies and communities.
This is a fully remote position, but you will need to be available during US/UK working hours.
- Develop components to form a consistent UI/UX design system, maintain a component design library, best practices, and processes to ensure design consistency across Blockswap products.
- Work closely with the Engineering team to ensure the technical feasibility of your proposed prototypes and validate them with internal stakeholders before it goes into development.
- Provide support to marketing and brand design efforts. Implement accessibility best practices and pay attention to things like color, navigation, and contrasts.
- Create, improve user journey flows and produce high-fidelity prototypes/wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows for new features and improvements for our products.
- Focus on the visual interface (UI) for web/apps, develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate functionality and experience. Write design specifications documenting the design decisions and user flow in a written and visual format.
- Work closely with the product team to discover user needs, conduct user testing with studies, prototypes, gathering insights, and troubleshoot UX problems, and conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Create and maintain website/app Style Guide (icons, illustrations, and graphs) and Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps.
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX designer roles.
- Demonstrable, strong UI/UX skills, particularly for web3 design.
- Knowledge of iterative design systems; maintaining a brand + creating (sometimes new) assets to a brand; you’ll be able to develop new components, establish guidelines for their usage, and help with the maintenance of the overall system.
- Have been part of previous web/app launches, as a UX/UI designer and an in-depth understanding of modern UX and UI patterns
- Experience to rapidly generate and iterate ideas and execute them with attention to detail and execution.
- Be able to create graphic designs (e.g., images, sketches, and tables), Motion/Animation skills.
- Proficiency in design software such as Figma & Adobe Creative Suite and expert in high-fidelity wireframes and user testing with prototypes
- Previous experience working with agile teams and collaborating closely with developers, copywriters, and UX designers.
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines.
- Personal interest in cryptocurrency/DeFi / NFT space
- English speaking (not necessarily as native language)
Nice to have’s
- Previous experience in working with open source projects.
- Experience in building klick-dummy prototypes
- Previous experience working remote. We’re a fully remote company,
- Experience in the following code languages: HTML, CSS, XSL, React
Blockswap is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace all qualified persons to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.