(Toronto area candidates preferred or remote in GMT-4, GMT-5, GMT-6, GMT-7, and GMT-8 timezones. All candidates should have eligibility to work in Canada. We are not offering working visa sponsorship at this time.)
Crowdlinker is an end-to-end digital product studio based in Toronto and Barcelona with a relentless focus on our customers. We connect people through technology by being the strongest link between companies, their ideas, and their clients. We do so by excelling at digital strategy, creative design, full-stack development of websites & web/mobile apps, and digital marketing (SEO, SEM, PPC, Marketing Automation). Our clients include large startups like Freshbooks, TopHat, League, and Second Closet, as well as enterprises like Unilever, Nestlé and NBC Universal. We create cutting-edge applications using the latest technologies and design them with an exceptional user-experience.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be using your skills in UX design, product design, interaction design, visual design and prototyping to produce innovative web and mobile products. Ideally you will have experience with mobile design (iOS and Android) as well as desktop. Working closely with other designers, developers and product lead, you will help develop a wide range of products. You understand that shipping a product is not the end of a project, while sharing our healthy obsession for quality.
We are growing quickly, which means there are always new and exciting challenges at Crowdlinker. This is the exact opposite of a slow, boring enterprise job. We are looking for someone who is comfortable taking risks and solving burning problems. We embrace change, see challenges as opportunities and focus on solutions. We do offer great pay and benefits, but we won’t hire someone who is “just looking for a paycheck”. We hope you can join us to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- 3+ years experience designing, building and shipping digital products
- Diploma or degree in digital design, interaction design or communications (or equivalent).
- Strong design skills with a portfolio showcasing your work
- You’re able to adapt your designs across a variety of platforms and form factors, and you understand limitations of different platforms e.g multi-device, mobile/desktop
- You have excellent communication skills and can clearly articulate your design decisions (You will be in client meetings presenting your work)
- You can think at a high level about creative strategy and vision (not just ‘how it looks’ but ‘why we should build’)
- You can manage time effectively across multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative setting.
- A team player who loves to collaborate and bounce ideas off others - you understand that giving/receiving feedback is crucial in your development and growth
- Experience with prototyping tools and have a knack for beautiful, functional design
- Experience with an iterative design process: incorporating feedback, launching quickly, and testing hypotheses in an agile environment.
- Strong work ethic with ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the latest design software including Figma and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working within the constraints of a project, coordinating your efforts and output according to the specifications of what is required.
- Experience working as a part of an end-to-end development team, collaborating with and providing design direction to talented developers, understanding the technical requirements of what it takes to implement your design.
- Have excellent communication, collaboration skills and comfortable communicating via email, Slack or on video calls as you will be working closely with designers, product managers and occasionally clients
- And finally… always asking WHY?
Nice to Haves:
- Certificates and Courses in User Experience considered an asset.
- Experience developing user flows, sitemaps or prototypes.
- Experience coding in HTML, CSS and WordPress is a plus.
- Experience with writing copy.
- Experience with both print and web graphic design.
- Familiarity with Whimsical, Miro, and Mural.
- Familiarity working within a story and task management system such as Jira or Clubhouse.
- Experience designing complex solutions for complete mobile environments.
- Experience conducting usability studies.
- Strong knowledge of typography, color and other design principles.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful
- Design flows and experiences across platforms
- Working closely with engineers, designers and product leads on the feasibility as they build and ship ideas
- Sketching and prototyping ideas to test viability and how interactions feel
- Iterating ideas based on feedback from the whole team and our clients
- Designing the fine grained details of interactions
- You will take ownership of results when your design work ships because you understand that shipping is the beginning not the end. You own the success or failure of your design work in the marketplace and are free to show it and discuss it in the design community. You initiate design and engineering sprints to improve shipped work
- Talk with customers to understand user behaviour, paints points and needs
- Translate this insight into ideas that will make our clients product offering better, both disruptive new products/features and detailed tweaking of the existing product
What’s in it for you?
- Learn and implement the latest and greatest in design and UI/UX methodologies (Receive up to $10k to take relevant courses.)
- Learn faster by working on a variety of client projects throughout the year.
- Join an experienced team of developers, business-leaders with funding.
- An opportunity to execute your creative vision and exercise influence on building out innovative products.
- An excellent opportunity to do something you are passionate about, while having a direct impact on how users interact with your designs.
- A strong culture of excellence, mutual mentorship, and transparency.
- Competitive compensation.
- Potential for stock in the company.
- 5 weeks paid vacation.
- Comprehensive medical and dental plan, which includes $800 per practitioner (e.g. massage therapy, physiotherapy, orthotics, acupuncture, etc...)
- Cool office in the trendy Entertainment district at 119 Spadina Avenue.
- Flexible hours with an option to work from home.
- Optional computer hardware.
- Optional company mobile hardware and phone plan.
Duration of the role
This is a full-time, permanent role, not a contractor position.
How to apply
In your application, please include:
- A link to your portfolio / previous design work.
- A link to anything you want to show off.
- A summary of how you would be able to make a difference on our team.
- You may include a traditional resume and cover letter as well, although it is not required.