Apply for this job
At GoGuardian, we’re helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we’re committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian’s growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it — always ready to experiment and learn.
While this job posting uses "El Segundo, CA" as the location, please note this role is currently being recruited for remote work or reporting to headquarters if within commuting distance.
UX Design at Pear Deck is about unpacking teachers' needs, attaining a deep empathy for our users, and ultimately delivering an elegant solution. Teachers face many challenges every day. They create supportive learning environments for meeting their students' needs while also staying up to date on the newest mandates and technologies. We built Pear Deck to be a smooth, intuitive tool to help teachers gather and act on real-time student understanding in the simplest way possible. But that's just the beginning, we need you to help us with what's next. The GoGuardian UX Team is a close-knit group of thinkers and tinkerers who believe the best products are made with curiosity, optimism, and deep enthusiasm to craft products that make people’s lives better.
As a Sr UX Designer, you are currently a Senior UX Designer or a UX Designer with several years of experience who has designed software applications in partnership with Product Management, Research, and Engineering teams, to produce engaging, consistent, and innovative products for a diverse set of users.
What You'll Do
- Deliver experiences that can be mapped to defined product requirements and designs based on specific use cases and user goals.
- Produce design deliverables for each step of the product development process from design exploration to user research examples and final UI design, including task outlines, workflow diagrams, wireframes, interaction mockups, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Work with user research to interact with users and gather and interpret user research data.
- Integrate quantitative and qualitative user data into your UX work and design decisions.
- Represent the UX voice and act as an advocate for the user in all conversations when collaborating closely with developers and product owners.
- Maintain and innovate on industry best practices for UX and product design methods, trends, and processes.
- Work with developers to provide guidance as they build out the UI.
Who You Are
- 3-5 years creating product experiences for web-based applications and services.
- Portfolio of UX examples demonstrating your design vision and translation into working software solutions.
- Fluency with a diverse set of design tools for exploring, prototyping, testing, and delivering professional-level UX work.A high level of craft and attention to detail and the ability to identify design solutions from a variety of data and information sources.
- Clear communication skills that support the prioritization and defense of your design decisions.
- Enthusiasm to share, innovate, and create world-class design with a like-minded team of fellow creatives.
- You have an interest or experience in education and a desire to see technology transform learning.
- You’ve conducted user testing and research.
- You have some knowledge of accessibility requirements (WCAG).You've contributed coding work with HTML and CSS and have committed production code via git/Github.
* Please consider applying even if you haven’t done any of these
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.