Principal Product UX Designer
At Dynatrace, we believe the world needs software to work perfectly. Founded 15 years ago and currently counting over 2.200 passionate employees worldwide, Dynatrace is a global market leader in Software Intelligence, listed in the NYSE.
As a part of Dynatrace’s Global Design/UX team, you will ensure we engage with our customers in innovative and meaningful ways.
We have made it our mission to ensure that millions of people worldwide have an excellent user experience, made possible through a unique combination of observability, automation, and AI – all compacted into one cloud-based software intelligence platform. Due to our approach to excellent user experience coupled with cutting-edge technologies, we proudly companies like H&M, Delta Airlines, SAP, United Health Care, JP Morgan, and many others!
Dynatrace’s R&D lab in Gdansk focuses on our Infrastructure Monitoring solution, a key part of our product that in essence provides a single source of truth for cloud platforms and the related infrastructure while enabling seamless team collaboration.
Business, Development, and Operations teams don’t have time nor resources to waste while dealing with alert storms, data silos, and war rooms. With Dynatrace they can for example get automatic and intelligent observability across cloud and hybrid environments, with continuous auto-discovery of hosts, VMs, serverless, cloud services, containers and Kubernetes, network, devices, logs, events, and more. All in context, and with precise AI-powered answers.
As an experienced Product Experience Designer, you will join a global team of about 30 designers/UX practitioners sitting across our R&D labs in Poland, Austria, Spain, and the United States. You will focus on improving the end-to-end UX of Infrastructure Monitoring, working in close collaboration with product managers, software engineers, and of course other design practitioners. You will tackle complex challenges and help bring the company vision to life by shaping intuitive and delightful customer journeys, significantly impacting the development and future direction of our product.
We offer a hybrid model, a fusion of remote and at-the-office work.
You’ll be responsible for
- Own and iteratively improve the end-to-end user experience of our Infrastructure Monitoring (IM) solution.
- Partner with product management and engineering teams to drive successful implementation of design solutions and customer experiences.
- Ensure that end customers find value and meaning in what is being provided to them, which has to be useful, usable, desirable, findable, accessible, and credible.
- Discuss, evaluate, and adopt meaningful trade-offs across engineering, business, and UX requirements and constraints.
- Plan and perform needed competitive as well as user research, building insights from both qualitative & quantitative data in order to inform your proposed designs.
- Be as hands-on as needed to clearly visualize, prototype, test, and measure design solutions — e.g. with IA, user flows, wireframes, mockups, but also surveys, user testing, usability heuristics, user-centered metrics, etc.
- Define how users can interact with the product interface.
- Act as a customer advocate while continuously partnering with product managers, engineers, and other design practitioners.
- Leverage our Barista design system to build your solutions, and help maintain and evolve that.
Desired skills & experience
- You have solid experience (minimum of 7 years) and a demonstrated track record of designing, shipping, and iterating on complex digital software products and systems (definitely not just websites or campaigns). Even better if matured working also on B2B Enterprise software.
- You have plenty of experience successfully collaborating with multidisciplinary teams of product managers, engineers, designers, and other business stakeholders. At a (software) product company.
- You boost very strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills, in English.
- You are fully comfortable working on business/technical/human challenges from beginning to end — e.g. planning and doing UX research, collecting and translating insights and data into concepts that form new products and features, designing detailed solutions to make things real, and continuously learning from and iterating upon what you ship.
- You are focused on driving change and innovation and have experience mentoring and coaching more junior designers on the team.
You will love this job if
- You embrace big challenges as opportunities for growth.
- You can drive projects with a great sense of ownership, autonomy, collaboration, proactivity, and optimism.
- You thrive and deeply enjoy working with multidisciplinary teams, and are at comfort with ambiguity.
- You are not afraid of collaborating with geographically dispersed teams.
- You want to continuously improve your skills and grow within your craft.
When applying for this role please include a link to a brief portfolio showing a few selected commercial projects you worked on in the past - clearly outlining the problems and/or business opportunities taken on with your work, as well as your role and specific responsibilities as part of a multidisciplinary team. That should mostly touch on the process applied to find solutions and overcome challenges, rather than focusing just on visual polish and final deliverables.
Please apply with both your resume and portfolio in English. Cover letter appreciated.
Principal: 20k - 28k PLN gross per month