Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
- You’re able to distill complex ideas and workflows into clear, easy-to-understand in-app UX copy, product emails, onboarding content, support center content, and video scripts.
- Words matter to you–you can give the concepts of the product the words to match.
- You inject empathy into the content while ensuring brand voice and style guides are upheld.
- You’re a content designer who creates end-to-end experiences based on data, research, and existing patterns.
- You’re a diligent researcher who talks to customers, potential customers, and technology users.
- You can stitch together qualitative and quantitative findings into compelling insights.
- You’re unafraid to generate and share ideas with the team.
- You set big goals for yourself and work hard to accomplish them.
- You can live with ambiguity; you know when to ask questions and push against constraints.
The voice of the customer
- You can get good work done quickly, but you care deeply about crafting a delightful, simple experience.
- You have experience leading content design for an audience of small business owners and operators.
- You’re an entrepreneurial thinker who wants to have an impact on local businesses and the lives of hourly workers.
As a core member of a growing design team, you’ll work closely with our product, engineering, and marketing teams to shape the future of the product experience. You’ll be integral in creating a seamless setup and self-serviceable model for Homebase users.
Your primary role is to translate user needs into an effective user-centric design strategy—helping users find the content they need most in the most natural way possible. You’ll do this by asking questions like:
- What is the information hierarchy/architect?
- What messaging comes first?
- Where should this piece of content fit into the big picture?
- How do we set proper expectations and answer customer questions before they have them?
- How can we better our UI and overall UX to empower customers to self-serve?
You’ll identify potential problems and potential uses of the product by asking questions about everything. Your goal is to think about the design behind the content with a focus on how to serve the audience the information they need when they need it–being able to relay complex information clearly is a required skill set.
The product design team at Homebase is a collaborative group, guided by a customer-centric and iterative design process. We’re constantly evolving our product suite across both web and mobile platforms.
We’re looking for a content designer that’s passionate about solving problems and strives to push their own limits in finding creative solutions.
- Develop in-product content experiences that make it simple for customers to use Homebase.
- Work closely with design, executive, product, and engineering teams to drive projects from inception to implementation.
- Fill the gaps between customer expectations and their product experience by introducing a comprehensive content/education strategy.
- Develop research and discovery plans that uncover opportunities for product improvement and development.
- 7+ years of content development experience, preferably in at least one growth-stage company.
- Ability to clearly articulate your content design decisions.
- Experience working collaboratively with designers, engineering, and product marketing teams to balance design excellence with user delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification.
- Experience working on digital banking products or financial services is a big plus.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote work with hybrid option in SF and Houston
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Generous accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Homebase is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.