Youtap is a fintech company providing digital banking and financial services software and applications to its banking, telco, and financial services customers globally.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to lead the Design Team and shape the mobile experience for our customers. Ideally, you will have been exposed to financial services applications and understand both consumer and business applications. If you are an innovator that likes to be at the forefront of technology, then this is the role for you.
The design team is made up of highly skilled Product Leads, Service Designers, Documenters, UX designers, and UI designers, all digital natives, who are helping turn our customers into the leading tech-enabled financial services company globally. The role will work closely with our management team, CTO, development manager, and developers and will run design sprints and hold Design Thinking workshops across the business.
You will lead the design and development of all aspects of the Youtap products and applications such as Digital Banking, Green Banking, AgriTech, Payments, Lending, and other financial services. Ideally, you will have been exposed to the development of banking or financial services consumer and business applications.
Due to COVID-19 and the inability for foreigners to have unrestricted travel to NZ, NZ or Australian citizens or permanent residents are preferred.
You will be responsible for:
- Defining the design language for our entire digital estate.
- Creating incredible customer experiences.
- Be part of our gamification strategy to create "killer" digital financial services applications.
- Working with and attending meetings with our customers.
- Inspiring the design team, and company, with a great vision.
- Hiring, managing, and retaining great designers.
- Managing, and optimizing, the internal workflow within the team.
- Maintaining a culture of innovation and experimentation within the design team.
- Putting the company on the map as “one to follow” for UX and UI innovation.
- Lead by example, do some UI design work yourself.
- Work with our international team and customers in various time zones.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You are a digital native.
- You have extensive experience with Service Design, UX Research, UX Design.
- You’ve been a UI designer, and have a great sense of aesthetics.
- You’ve previously managed teams of designers.
- You have extensive web and mobile experience.
- You’re a doer and lead by doing.
- You’re a team builder.
- You like to roll your sleeves up and get stuff done.
- You follow trends, are creative, and adapt to change.
- User testing and functional testing are integral to all your work.
- You dream about user flows.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
- Salary - an excellent salary will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Relaxed, creative environment.