*ONLY CVs SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH WILL BE CONSIDERED*
We’re looking for a UX Designer (Research) to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Our User Experience & Design (UXD) organization helps shape the future of Blackboard’s products and solutions. Made up of user experience and design leaders who work across both web and mobile platforms and take a hands-on role in a highly collaborative team environment, they champion best-in-class work throughout the Blackboard organization. Our team believes that user experiences are as much about behavior and emotion as they are about usability, utility, and accessibility.
The Blackboard UXD team has a proven track record of delivering high quality products to our customer base. We are looking for a motivated, highly skilled, quality-minded, and detail-oriented individual to join our global team. As UX Designer (Research), you will be responsible for gathering and generating insights based on users’ behaviors, needs and use-cases across web and mobile platforms. This position will work alongside other UXD colleagues and Blackboard partners to deliver a cohesive user experience for Blackboard’s portfolio of products. This is a full-time position with a competitive salary based on your experience and portfolio.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Defining and executing research needs that drive user and client advocacy
- Creating UX research plans and protocols and facilitating sessions in various methodologies
- Managing research projects in all stages across multiple tools
- Collaborating with UXD colleagues to ensure high-quality research output
- Using UX research methodologies, standards, and processes that explore cohesive experiences, use cases, and behaviors
- Working with UXD peers and cross-functional partners to establish understanding of useful and usable products and solutions
- Being an ambassador for Blackboard’s end-users and establishing empathy
- Documenting and communicating research findings and impact to products and solutions
- A background in UX Research with experience across evaluative insights and understanding across generative explorations
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Research field (UX, Design)
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience within a User Experience, Human Factors, UX Design related area
- Established as a productive research professional
- Possesses advanced knowledge of research practice, methodologies, disciplines and principles
- Highly collaborative with other researchers and UXD colleagues and broader Blackboard regarding policies, practices, and procedures
- Ability to articulate and communicate research topics with UXD peers and management
- Experience navigating and handling difficult problems
- Ability to lead 1-2 projects independently at different stages of research, while also collaboratively working with UXD team members across other efforts, without sacrificing quality
- Working knowledge with industry-standard research tools such as: UserTesting, Zoom, Optimal Sort, Respondent, Calendly, Validately, Miro, or other research tools
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and willing to receive feedback/guidance
- Research-specific end-to-end skills:
- Ability to frame-up research and generate research plans
- Provide research related feedback
- Conduct research in parallel phases with pilots
- Support UXD team members on research needs
- Manage/build research repository: documentation of prior research, taking effective notes and capturing insights, building a research knowledge base
- Team player with excellent communication, cooperation, and presentation skills
- Passion for honing current skill set and increasing it where necessary for personal growth and to support the team
- Highly organized and motivated
- High standards of accountability, decision-making, schedules, and quality of work
- Openminded and determined to transform the experience of education
- Fluency in written and spoken English at CEF B2 level or above
Please provide samples of your work with your application.
Candidates must provide a portfolio of their work highlighting knowledge across:
- Problem stating and research identification (methodology)
- Research scoping, screening and recruiting
- Experience in generative protocols
- Moderating and note-taking experience
- Synthesizing research and generating recommendations based on insights
- Presenting findings to peers, partners and management
Blackboard has an office located in Bogota, Colombia as a hub for the LAC market.
- Located in Capital Towers center in the financial district
- Excellent and secure area to eat lunch, have a walk, or dine after office hours
- Benefits in prepaid medicine, dental plan, and wellness allowance
- Easy access to public transportation close to two important avenues, Carrera 7 and Calle 100
- Free parking for employees and paid parking for visitors
- Multiple private spaces for virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Regular events like bring your dog to work day and ping-pong, foosball, and Mario Kart tournaments
- Sodexo card provided for employees
- Daily budget to spend on beverage vending machines
- Learn more about the Bogota office culture by checking out our Facebook page
- Option for remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
Req ID: 3891