Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
RainFocus, one of the most innovative software companies in the heart of Utah's Silicon Slopes, is in search of an exceptional UX Researcher.
RainFocus cares about its employees, customers, and the world in which we live. Our rapidly-growing team serves Fortune 500 companies like Adobe, Cisco, IBM, Oracle, VMware, and others to prepare and execute in-person, virtual, and hybrid events, across the world. Those events are delivered through our industry-disrupting software platform, with groundbreaking business intelligence, to elevate the attendee experience, streamline event operations, and accelerate marketing results. We are well-funded, growing fast, and building a company that is changing the market — it will be challenging, fun and exciting.
About the Role
The User Experience Researcher leads high quality qualitative, quantitative, and experimental studies to understand the user and their needs, motivations and behaviors. By planning, conducting, analyzing, and communicating the results of studies, the User Experience Researcher builds deep understanding among Product Managers, User Experience Designers, and Software Engineers to help build and optimize innovative, usable, and useful products that people want to use.
The purpose of this role is to enable product teams to contact customers and conduct research. The UX Researcher is able to do this by creating artifacts, repositories, and research plans that helps the teams to be more effective with their time.
- Work with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to identify and prioritize impactful research opportunities within product teams and across the organization.
- Identify the best mix of quantitative and qualitative methods based on project priorities, research goals, timelines, and resources.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Develop personas and usage scenarios.
- Assist UX Designers in recruiting participants and conducting research.
- Synthesize research findings with UX Designers and Product Managers to identify product opportunities, patterns, and trends.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations.
- Own a research repository, making it easy for UX designers to access existing data and research
- Mentor UX team members around research best practices
What we’re looking for
- A portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g., study plans, interview protocols, reports, personas).
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- A passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
- User research or other experience from a technical field, such as software development, systems management, or similar.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to drive action and make decisions independently, as well as in a group setting, with little to no direction.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, superior project management and time management skills.
- Experience with conducting user research.
- Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methodologies.
- Experience conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies either live or remote.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience with user analytic platforms, such as FullStory, Pendo, HotJar, etc.
Why work at RainFocus?
At RainFocus we delight millions of attendees at large-scale events by delivering better insights, experiences, and marketing.
As a member of the RainFocus team, you will have the opportunity to experience first-hand the impact of our platform at events around the world. Additionally, RainFocus offers competitive salaries, competitive benefits, 401k and generous PTO.
What are you waiting for? Apply today! We need more talented, hard-working, fun-loving team members just like yourself!