Senior UX Designer
BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), empowering organizations to secure and manage their entire universe of privileges. Our integrated products and platform offer the industry's most advanced PAM solution, enabling organizations to quickly shrink their attack surface across traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
The Senior UX designer will have an integral role within BeyondTrust, responsible for supporting the UX team to ensure consistent, effective and competitive user experiences whilst being a role model for other UX team members. The Senior UX designer will also be expected to collaborate with cross functional departments (i.e. Product Management, Marketing, etc) to help identify specific user needs and work with developers to deliver technically feasible, user focused solutions that align with business goals.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Work with clients directly to understand their business environment, processes and ‘jobs to be done’ and obtain their feedback and direction on product interfaces.
- Assist the User Experience Director in roadmap creation and project planning and prioritizing.
- Support the UX design practice by actively seeking process improvements, driving productive change and running exercises to encourage widespread UX adoption.
- Support the UX team by sharing experiences and skills, running team workshops and identifying exercises, events and courses to support team progression.
- Evaluate product interfaces with competitive and best-in-class interfaces to drive continuous improvement in the portfolio product’s UI.
- Guide the UX design team in creating user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and clickable prototypes to iterate on design direction.
- Guide the UX design team in refining the visual language of our products and building out our design system.
- Work with cross-functional business and technical teams and key stakeholders to define highly effective, usable, and consistent user interfaces.
- Work with the UX Researcher when necessary to make major UI re-factorings and validate style conventions and pattern flows in order to build a more intuitive user experience.
- Conduct research to push through design tasks when
- Design elegant solutions and simple to complex workflows leveraging client iterative validation.
- Act as the user advocate during the development process and offer suggestions from a user-centered perspective.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Development, QA, SEs, and customers to ensure UI meets product requirements and experience expectations.?
- Be a key player during the QA testing process to ensure the user experience requirements are fulfilled.
- Act as the UX “go to” in the local development office with in-depth knowledge of user interface best practices, company design system standards, and supportive research to direct recommendations.
- Other duties as directed by the User Experience Lead and Director of User Experience.
- 6 or more years of user experience design experience for desktop software, web applications, mobile platforms and other standard technologies.
- Experience in mentoring and/or leading teams.
- Ability to mentor UX Designers, and to provide guidance to bring out their best work.
- Comfort in working with remote distributed teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and attention to detail.
- Capacity to act on immediate needs while building for the long-term vision and strategy.
- Understanding of common software development practices and proficiency working within a software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to balance UX design team mentoring, hands-on UX work, and provide input for product decisions.
- Self-starter; eager and able to quickly learn new technologies and approaches.
- Can successfully build and maintain relationships with developers and managers, and can champion the UX team’s ideas within the organization.
- Must be self-reliant but be able to communicate and contribute in a remote team setting.
- UNIX, Linux, Windows, and Mac OS experience.
- Android, iOS, Windows Mobile, other mobile platform experience
- Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to organize, multitask and prioritize.
- Professional demeanor at all times.
- Support and adhere to Company’s Core Values.
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.