The Experience Team collaborates across Zoox to define and champion the “Human Experience”. We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We address new challenges around AI and strive to learn and understand all-around unique opportunities that inform product strategy and design.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
We are looking for a Design Intern to join our Experience Design Team. Our mission is to define, design, and deliver the best possible experience to our customers through our innovative product and service. Create seamless flows, intuitive interfaces, and meaningful interactions that are accessible and delightful, to build trust, enable new scenarios, and increase value to the customers.
- Work towards gaining a clear understanding of our users.
- Ideate design concepts and solutions through creating UX wireframes, UI concepts and quick digital/physical prototyping to enable fast iterations in our design processes.
- Champion Human Centered design approach and share the value across the company.
- Continuous usability testing of concepts and clear presentation of feedback to de-risk the decision-making process.
- Understand the technological challenges of our design and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams of designers, researchers, engineers and product managers amongst others.
- Currently working towards an M.A. or advanced degree in a relevant program and within 1 year of graduation.
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa (unofficial transcripts required)
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op in relevant area
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- A portfolio showcasing relevant design work for desktop, web or mobile applications
- Basic knowledge of design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Flinto, FramerX, etc.
- Proven problem-solving ability and strong user empathy.
- UX/UI prototyping skills
- Experience in tech or automotive industries.
- Interest in product inclusivity and accessibility.
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.