Apply for this job
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Senior UX Writer is responsible for producing compelling, engaging content as well as informing strategy across a broad range of online product experiences for B2C and B2B external audiences, including current and prospective members, dentists, groups, brokers and corporate audiences. The Sr. UX Writer will support various teams in the enterprise including Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Communications and Operations. The Writer should have superior writing skills, a keen eye for detail, a strong grasp of spelling and grammar and the ability to coach other writers; their writing should follow web content and UX writing best practices and be succinct, engaging and appropriate to the audience and applicable brand.
How you will make an impact:
- Present complex ideas in an understandable, relatable and engaging format that drives traffic, increases revenue and builds the relevance and desirability of the brand.
- Write compelling, persuasive user-friendly content that can scale across a range of web products to drive brand awareness, engagement and help users complete the task at hand.
- Partner closely with UX designers, web and email developers, project managers, product managers and business stakeholders to continuously improve the quality of our content across channels.
- Earn trust and build relationships across the whole enterprise to gain a deep knowledge of priority projects and company initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects with little to no supervision on a fast-moving, Agile delivery schedule, including research, writing, approvals, editing, proofreading, creating test scenarios/test content, coordinating with design or web team as needed and overall quality control; regularly review teammates’ writing for accuracy and style.
- Produce content that aligns with brand guidelines and maintains content consistency and unified brand voice across products and platforms.
- Anticipate project challenges and develop content strategies to address; understand the end user’s needs, pain points and motivations and develop content solutions accordingly.
- Research the latest industry trends and best practices for content and actively participate in shaping our editorial style; gather data and perform research to inform content decisions and identify content gaps.
What we look for:
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to report to in-person meetings at the associated office or other local meetup locations
- Excellent writing skills (must submit portfolio), with the ability to write concise, compelling copy and adjust tone and voice for different audiences
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what content our audiences are looking for and to engage them in the conversation
- Experience with “mobile-first” writing and user testing and research
- Experience working with Agile teams, including quick adaptation and iteration
- Strong time management skills, with ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, communicate effectively with team members and meet short- and long-term deadlines
- High level of creative consistency, brand adherence and attention to detail
- Strong editing and proofreading skills including grammar, spelling and punctuation, with ability to mentor teammates and coach them in improving their quality of writing
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Knowledgeable of usability, accessibility, section 508 compliance and SEO best practices
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel), Adobe Acrobat Pro, Miro, Confluence, Invision, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) or others
- Experience in a regulated industry- such as health care or insurance- is a plus
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation, 12 holidays, 9 sick days and your birthday off!
- Low-cost premium medical insurance options
- 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) matching and flat contribution
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities, including 16 paid volunteer hours annually
- Employee LiveWell program, focusing on overall employee well-being.
- Fertility and diabetes benefits
- Employee discount program: AT&T/Verizon, entertainment, travel, and more!
- Culture of learning: career development and tuition reimbursement
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. As Delta Dental navigates our Return-to-Office strategy, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be offsite until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management to begin your duties offsite, the position would require you to have access to internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
Please note, Delta Dental will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: @lifeatddins on Facebook and Instagram, @deltadentalins on Twitter, and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn.
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Unfortunately, our Delta Dental Enterprise is unable to hire individuals residing in Alaska, North Dakota, Nebraska, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Vermont, Maine, West Virginia, New Hampshire, Wyoming, Puerto Rico or other US Territories at this time.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.
As a Federal Contractor, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. You will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire or obtain approval of a valid medical or sincerely held religious exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine prior to your start date.