Senior UX Designer
About your future team
Nexient is on a mission: To rid the world of crappy software, one sprint at a time.
Every day, our 900+ Agile developers, designers, and strategists empower each other to find passion in our work while we innovate the world. This culture of teamwork and curiosity is fueled by a product-minded approach to our work, crafting extraordinary custom software solutions and growing careers along the way.
Our clients range from some of America’s favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services to fast-emerging disruptors – You might have read about us in the NY Times. We’re also recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HFS Hot Vendor, and America’s leading 100% U.S. Agile software services partner.
If you’re looking to change the trajectory of your career, make an impact on Day One, develop custom software on the best technology around – and maybe even make people’s lives easier -- then you belong here, with us.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design end to end user experiences through research, wireframe mock-ups, personas development, wireframe mock-ups, interactions flows and prototypes, and specification documents
- Design and lead user testing and usability research and deliver insights and actionable results
- This role works in partnership with strategy, creative and technology associates and the client to understand business objectives, user goals, customer targets, technical platforms and capabilities, and translates that into a user experience strategy and framework
- The Senior UX Designer must be a strong communicator, providing the UX viewpoint and helping present deliverables
- Thorough, detail-oriented and highly organized, plus ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Help with sales and new business initiates and request for proposals (RFP’s)
- Preset to Stake holders including Top executives
- This role reports to the Director, User Experience
- Occasional business travel required (25%)
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in the role of user experience designer, user experience lead, information architect or information design
- Strong understanding of UX/UI process and methodology
- Experience interacting with clients is a must
- Demonstrated skills creating process flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, and other UX deliverables
- Experience with design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and prototyping tools (InVision, Axure, etc.)
- Produce clear, user-centric design across mobile, desktop, web and hardware endpoints
- Contribute to all aspects of design including requirement defining, user research, workflow diagramming, detailed design, development of use cases and scenarios, and engineering support
- Partner closely with developers, QA and product managers to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum development methods
- Agency experience a plus
- Portfolio and design samples
- Mentoring more junior UX Designers
- Full stack user experience designer
- Experiences with both UX and Design
As a vital member of our Product Experience Practice, you will be part of one of our 100+ small cross-functional teams working side by side with some of the most talented developers, UX designers, analysts, quality engineers, and product managers out there.
From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor, Columbus, and beyond – a career with Nexient will offer you:
Remote, hybrid, or onsite opportunities: Here, you decide the work arrangement that best suits your needs and preferences.
Fulfilling and challenging projects: You will be exposed to different scenarios, multiple types of clients, and the most complex business and technology initiatives.
Access to the most cutting-edge technologies: You’re always going to be advancing your skillset by learning and working with the newest and most relevant technologies available out there.
A positive and passionate culture: Boring and divided aren’t in our vocabulary. In fact, it’s amazing to see how, despite our exponential growth, the Nexient culture and community stay as warm, diverse, and close as ever.
Plenty of opportunities for you to explore and grow: We will empower you to dream as big as you want and support you to make your career what YOU want it to be.
Creative runway: We take pride in encouraging our people to question the status quo.
Our benefits program includes:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Generous PTO, plus holidays
· 401(k) plan
· Life insurance and short-term & long-term disability
· Maternity leave
· Employee Assistance Program
· Flexible spending accounts
· Health savings account
Nexient is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer. At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you add to our culture, and you belong. Diversity & Inclusion is hardcoded into our DNA and at the core of everything we do. Together, not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and communities we serve.