Who we are
We are a consultancy and software SME working in health and social care. Our mission is to improve healthcare quality, value for money and market sustainability.
To achieve our mission, we develop bespoke software solutions to automate processes and visualise healthcare data. Our solutions improve efficiency, support information sharing and provide greater care quality assurance.
CarePulse is the software platform we have designed and built to deliver our services. We develop CarePulse through continuous, agile, iterative, co-development with our users.
How we work
We are a small, diverse and tight-knit team working closely together regardless of role, experience or seniority. Our flat organisational structure gives everyone opportunities to shape the way we work. The diversity of perspectives makes us more creative, innovative and effective. We actively create opportunities to share learning and grow collectively.
We work closely together with each other and with our clients and stakeholders. We value collaboration and open communication. Our daily stand-up meetings each morning help keep us connected while we work remotely. We intend to maintain remote working for the foreseeable future, combined with in-person social events and workshops.
We work in 6-week cycles which gives us time to ship meaningful features while remaining flexible and adaptable. Everyone in the team can write proposals for new functionality and the team collaboratively decides what to focus on in the next cycle. To make sure we continuously improve and innovate, we work closely with universities and Innovate UK.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who wants to help tackle the challenges faced by the health and social care sector using innovative and practical software solutions.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about good design and can share that passion with team members and clients to ensure a design-centred approach to problem solving.
What you will do
This is a unique opportunity to change the way people use technology in healthcare. The role will give you the opportunity to innovate, to develop your skills and to lead.
You will be a design ambassador within our team. You will maintain and improve our design system and branding style guide.
You will lead the design strategy of CarePulse. This includes both creating new products and optimising existing parts of the system. You will:
- Collaborate with the team to understand our users’ needs and implement solutions to solve their problems and achieve our business goals
- Use qualitative research, user interviews and usage metrics to inform and validate design decisions
- Design with accessibility in mind, being aware of key requirements and the principles of accessible product design.
- Conduct design reviews and refine usability guidelines for our products
For our 6-week product development cycles you will be the design lead and an important part of the end-to-end design cycle from ideation to implementation. You will:
- Support team members with proposals for new products or iterations of existing products by providing your design expertise
- Wire-frame and validate the design solutions with the development team
- Create high-fidelity wireframes and deliver to development team in well documented files
- Get user feedback and iterate designs based on feedback
Your skills and experience
- Strong portfolio with UX/UI work
- Experience implementing attractive and intuitive user interfaces
- Competency with UX principles and tools
- Understanding of front-end technologies for communication with developers
- Experience working in small multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with Level AA criteria in the WCAG
- Familiarity with Figma or similar design tool
- Experience leading/supervising junior UX/product designers